VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At least this time he has an excuse!!

Redmond police have nothing better to do than to give him a criminal "wreckless driving" ticket for taking a corner a bit faster than normal (yet still UNDER the speed limit).
what a joke!
MUST BE QUOTA TIME!

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Re: Noah late for work again :p (hndaklr)

how, EXACTLY, do you get a reckless driving ticket under the speed limit...
Don't you actually have to be doing something RECKLESS. I take corners all the time faster than most people, but I don't think there was a "the proper way to take a corner is: " in my drivers exam. WTF!!! Defenitely Quota Time...

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Re: Noah late for work again :p (~ Cartman ~)

And the funny thing was, the cop and his buddy were giving me crap about it. My car is really loud, so he heard me coming as I downshifted and slowed down for the corner. I was going well under the speed limit because his little partner was standing up on the next block running radar, and I had just driven past. When I tried to explain that I wasn't "revving my engine", I was downshifting as I slowed down, since you can't take the corner at 35. His smart response was "you don't have to slow down for that corner. I take it at 35 all the time. (speed limit is 30, pig)". Then he jokes with his partner, "Huh, after we're done here, lets go take that corner at 35 a few times and show him that we won't spin out...."
Gawdamn pigs. And they're writing me up for WRECKLESS DRIVING which is a CRIMINAL OFFENSE.
I'm about to take a criminal sized dump on their front steps.

Redmond cops can take a big http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif their sphincter.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Re: Noah late for work again :p (Seattle16V)

Quote, originally posted by Seattle16V »
My car is really loud, so he heard me coming as I downshifted and slowed down for the corner. I was going well under the speed limit because his little partner was standing up on the next block running radar, and I had just driven past. When I tried to explain that I wasn't "revving my engine", I was downshifting as I slowed down, since you can't take the corner at 35. His smart response was "you don't have to slow down for that corner. I take it at 35 all the time. (speed limit is 30, pig)".

So basically, they are writing you a criminal offense ticket, for aparently what they say is "reving your engine" only?? WTF!!!
What does that matter. Cops are supposed to ( and don't give any sh.. abt supposed to cause we all know cops...) take things in perspective. For instance, reving up the car next to another sports car at a light might be provocation for a race, which would be worthy. But they should be able to judge down shifting from "reving" .. friggin Po Po's . http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Re: Noah late for work again :p (hndaklr)

Quote, originally posted by hndaklr »
Good thing they got him before he took a beer bath at Tolly's.

Still bitter about falling straight on your duff there are ya, jarhead? Wonder if your fat ass set off any seismometers.
BTW, don't ever let Dave ride in your car. I didn't make it more than a block before I got out checking for flat tires, cuz the car was driving funny. Turns out that I was just carrying a heavy load in the passenger seat.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Re: Noah late for work again :p (SN2BDNGRZB55)

Quote, originally posted by SN2BDNGRZB55 »

So basically, they are writing you a criminal offense ticket, for aparently what they say is "reving your engine" only?? WTF!!!
What does that matter. Cops are supposed to ( and don't give any sh.. abt supposed to cause we all know cops...) take things in perspective. For instance, reving up the car next to another sports car at a light might be provocation for a race, which would be worthy. But they should be able to judge down shifting from "reving" .. friggin Po Po's . http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

well, my h-rated dunlops "chirped" coming around the corner as well, and using his super batman/cop powers of deduction, this worked out too "the back end of Mr. Brillers vehicle slid out 5 feet as he mad the corner." I can't get that beat ass car to oversteer when I TRY!!!!

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Re: Noah late for work again :p (Seattle16V)

Quote, originally posted by Seattle16V »

well, my h-rated dunlops "chirped" coming around the corner as well, and using his super batman/cop powers of deduction, this worked out too "the back end of Mr. Brillers vehicle slid out 5 feet as he mad the corner." I can't get that beat ass car to oversteer when I TRY!!!!

And even if you could, it wouldn't be at no friggin 35 mph, or less....
5 FEET!
So, in his mind you were going 80mph, slammed it into 2nd from 4th and pulled to EBrake to get 5ft of slide, right?
Nice. Typical though.

·
Banned
2,251 Posts
Re: Noah late for work again :p (secretsquirrel)

i've found out that if you leave a few minutes earlier than normal there's no need to "recklessly skid" around a corner at speeds which are probably unsafe!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Noah late for work again :p (secretsquirrel)

Quote, originally posted by secretsquirrel »
Get Josh to check how the S4/RS4 does in a 4 wheel drift around that corner.

hehe...

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Re: Noah late for work again :p (SquEEzin)

Quote, originally posted by SquEEzin »
i've found out that if you leave a few minutes earlier than normal there's no need to "recklessly skid" around a corner at speeds which are probably unsafe!

Dang!! Is my Mom on the 'tex too?? Any more motherly advice? How about a warm sweater for those chilly Spring days?

·
Registered
7,484 Posts
Re: Noah late for work again :p ([email protected])

is it just me or are cops writing reckless driving tickets left and right these days. i got one for "changing lanes to quickly" when i signaled and everything. luckily it got brought down to neglagent driving and then i used my deffered judgement.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts