VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I am being paranoid but today was pretty hot out and when running the Ac the fan kept coming on and then off then in again and seemed like it was working pretty hard? Anyone have this is this normal?

·
Registered
10,721 Posts
mine squeaks like a little squeal anytime with i turn it up past 2, dont matter if heat, ac or no ac is on....i've given up and turn the radio up

·
Registered
223 Posts
Maybe I am being paranoid but today was pretty hot out and when running the Ac the fan kept coming on and then off then in again and seemed like it was working pretty hard? Anyone have this is this normal?
Check to make sure both fans are running. I had the same problem my small fan stoped working causing my big fan to work overtime. Sounded like my car was a small plane bout to take off. I had to pull the fans down crack open the small one and clean it out there was alot of dirt in there causing it to lock up. Cleaned it out put it back together been fine since. That was at 85k got 100k now.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Check to make sure both fans are running. I had the same problem my small fan stoped working causing my big fan to work overtime. Sounded like my car was a small plane bout to take off. I had to pull the fans down crack open the small one and clean it out there was alot of dirt in there causing it to lock up. Cleaned it out put it back together been fine since. That was at 85k got 100k now.
X2
A quick check I did was to start AC up and run for a couple of minutes and check to see if the small fan is spinning. If the small fan doesn't run then you might have this same problem.
I cracked mine open and found dirt also inside mine. been working ever since. good luck..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts