VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
6,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I just got a new car (used, but new to me) and someone installed one of those complete car kits. I am curious on how to take the damned thing out. I got it unscrewed- but, There are hella wires. any help would be awesome. Heres some pictures of whats installed..

It basically looks like that. I dont see the two other parts though. Just the piece the phone goes into, and the little mic, and the hand set.
Please help me out!

· Registered
6,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what I thought. duh- but, is it connected to anything, where I could potentionally get electrocuted, or, possibly mess other things up? IE: radio, lights, etc?
I know nothing about this thing

· Registered
3,386 Posts
Re: (kryptonik)

no not to my knowledge. i mean the power is comming from your battery and that only 12v. really not enough to do anything except to a flee lol. unless something is amplifying the volts, which i havent herd of anything like that in the car that i can recall, u will be fine-just dont touch the black and red together or u will get some blown fuses.

· Registered
9,031 Posts

Most likely it was hooked up to the HU so it would mute when the call came in. Maybe if you contacted Nokia directly to see if they'd send you the install directions?

· Registered
6,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
heh- theres no blue wire, its only 3 black ones. my dad is all freaked out about it now. its kinda funny. I dont know what I'm really gonna do about it- I am thinking about just tucking it up and leaving it all somewhere- unless someone on here chimes in and gives me some detailed instructions; im gonna just be waiting

· Registered
3,386 Posts

haha chill dude it will be ok. nothing will blow up on ya hahaha. just cut the freaking wires!!! then go from there u should be ok.
disclaimer-i am not responsible for damage u will cause cutting the wires! nor am i responsible for loss of fingers or hands.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.