VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a product that will protect my car's finish, but not make it look too glossy.
Or maybe what I'm looking for is a series of steps/products to get that result.
Currently I rinse, wash with mulitple clean rags and buckets of Meguiars gold class soap and then squeegee dry. The car looks good, but I'm afraid not applying a wax or protectant is a bad idea.

·
Registered
11,507 Posts
Re: Non glossy wax? (velocemente)

First off why don't you want it glossy? Secondly your washing practices will get you the non-gloss soon enough.. both the rags and the squeegie are not a good combo ..

As for a wax .. I don't know what to suggest .. everything I use produces a good gloss.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Non glossy wax? (Jesstzn)

Quote, originally posted by Jesstzn »
First off why don't you want it glossy? Secondly your washing practices will get you the non-gloss soon enough.. both the rags and the squeegie are not a good combo ..
As for a wax .. I don't know what to suggest .. everything I use produces a good gloss.

why non-glossy? preference. the glazed look just doesn't fit this car.
i have been washing this car with good soap, clean t-shirt rags and a squeegee (auto glym flexi blade) for a very long time. no swirl marks, scratches or dulling yet. if you have suggestions otherwise, please clue me in - i'm here to learn.

·
Registered
11,507 Posts
Re: Non glossy wax? (velocemente)

Quote, originally posted by velocemente »

why non-glossy? preference. the glazed look just doesn't fit this car.
i have been washing this car with good soap, clean t-shirt rags and a squeegee (auto glym flexi blade) for a very long time. no swirl marks, scratches or dulling yet. if you have suggestions otherwise, please clue me in - i'm here to learn.

Let me guess .. your car is silver or a light color . That being said you just arn't aware of the dullness from oxidization from not using a cleaner or a cleaner wax nor the swirling from the rags and squeegie.

To keep it from being glossy just use a cheap carnuba with no cleaners in it .. trouble is there is poor protection because the oxidization is still there.
Nu-Finish was suggested above.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Re: Non glossy wax? (Jesstzn)

Meguier's hand wax #6 makes it not to glossy, although I like glossy so it looks bad to me

1 - 6 of 6 Posts