VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello forum! My name is John. I just recently bought a 95 jetta glx vr6! This is my very first VW! So I'm sorry if I ask a lot of questions. I was into the Honda scene for 5 years, until about a month ago my friend let me drive his VR6... Wow I was hooked right when I heard the sound of the motor! These motors sound awesome! So I sold my slooooooooow lol honda accord and got me a Jetta! So a little info about the car. Well this is what the guy told me. Motor wise it has KN filter cone, MK4 headgasket, TT262 cams, Turn2 under drive pulley,10lb flywheel, Sachs sport clutch, 2.5' full exhaust , TT muffler, DTM tips, and punched out cat. Exterior wise Koni fully adjustable coilovers, ECS cross drilled rotors front, and rear, Nuespeed front upper strut bar. It has these ugly wheels on it now I can't remember the brand. They are 17inch wheel. Interior wise MK3.5 Cabrio steering wheel, and air bag, Heated black leather seats ,VDO volt, oil pressure, oil temp gauges, Euro headlight switch, Keyless entry Master locking switch B5 Passat shift knob, and boot, and DDI gauges. I'll post pics up in the morning.
I'm glad to be apart of this community! Hope to meet some of y'all on here!

·
Registered
769 Posts
:wave: welcome to the forum!
give her love and show her off! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Welcome to the forums !:beer: Nice starting car for a firstVW. Thats the fun thing of having a VW is the work you got to put into it. Feels good after its done.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Welcome to the forums !:beer: Nice starting car for a firstVW. Thats the fun thing of having a VW is the work you got to put into it. Feels good after its done.
^^This.^^
But you have to feel this way to own these cars... otherwise the maintenance & repairs will drive you insane. :banghead: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
You will notice that alot of your money will end up in your car. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk cause I'm out driving my Mk3.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
what. the f**ck. is this. :facepalm:

go ahead and spraybomb it - you know you want to!
Honda monkey with big boobs and vw lolly pop. I'd hit it. :laugh:

Non-sarcastic note. Go full steel wheels and rock out beater mode. Fix any critical rust then make it faster. That clutch will hold a lower pressure turbo kit, 262's are good for boost. Would be a great sleeper.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
brymk3

hey its nice to see more jax ppl on here
pm if you need help with it and you should come out to jaxdubs sometime
Yea im gonna need some help lol but ill learn quick! Yea i would like to meet every1 and see how the VW scene is!
When are the meets?
emkaytree
Honda monkey with big boobs and vw lolly pop. I'd hit it.

Non-sarcastic note. Go full steel wheels and rock out beater mode. Fix any critical rust then make it faster. That clutch will hold a lower pressure turbo kit, 262's are good for boost. Would be a great sleeper.
Yea it has a couple rust spots on the side skirt part where it says to jack the car up on. And i hate hate the wheels on it now, and im looking for some stockers or something other then the ones i have now! Whats a good wheel size? The 17's are rubbing when i hit bumps in the road.
VolksEffect

Nice. What side of town do you live on? I live close to downtown but am on SS at UNF a lot. Say hey if you ever see me. Ill be in a white Cabby with black top.
SS im right by UNF! The neighborhood right in front of Dunkin Donuts on Beach Blvd Near 295.
Originally Posted by I haz cheezeburgerz
what. the f**ck. is this.

go ahead and spraybomb it - you know you want to!
Lol idk that sticker came with the car.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.