VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may sound bizzare, but I have just spilt nail varnish remover down the back of my car. How? Well, in an attempt to rectify my tail light tinting modification gone wrong, (it faded and looked cack) I was using the stuff to get the tint off my lenses. It was working fine, bringing them up a treat, until a gust of wind came along and blew the bottle off the parcel shelf, emptying its contents down the tail light and bumper.
As I'm sure you can all imagine, I am absolutely LIVID
. The light has a big streak across it, and the bumper top has a big whiteish-grey patch on it.

The only good I can see coming from this is that I may now have a reason for fitting B4 bumpers and getting some custom tail lights made.

Worse things happen at sea, I know, but I just had to vent my anger!
Jez http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
387 Posts
Re: Nooooooooo! What have I done?!!! (Jez)

For the most part nail remover is just acetone. It shouldn't be a bit thing, you basically just degreased some stuff. Try using some plastic polish on the light and black again on the bumper (or if it is painted polish and wax the spot..)
I often use acetone to clean off grease/tar spots. You just have to remember to re-wax any areas you clean with it..
DOM!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts