VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now ive checked some other forums, about maybe getting a custom turbo for my car built, but most ideas ended in thatd be tough or ud need somebody who really knew what they were doing... now it bewilders me... Nos could work but if u had a hard day of racing at the track---last time i checked there isnt a nos refil station at a track LOL--- then u could only really get one run. Does anybody know of somebody whos done a turbo to their fox? i mean im embarrassed when people ask me my HP (roughly 81) any ideas?

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Re: Nos vs Forced induciton for fox (gearkraft)

1) Go with NOS, have an extra tranny and motor around. Maybe a couple.
2) For a turbo, I think you would have to go carbs. The Brazilian had a turbo setup available.
3) I would work a 2L up, and then hit it w/ the NOS if you need more. A 2.0 with a friend to install would problably cost the same as NOS.
I miss Va. Bch. Good times there.
LP

·
Registered
334 Posts
Re: Nos vs Forced induciton for fox (92foxrox)

quote:[HR][/HR]
2) For a turbo, I think you would have to go carbs. The Brazilian had a turbo setup available.
LP[HR][/HR]​
Plenty of people with CIS-E run forced induction. Turbo setups can be done without a bolt-on kit if you just research it and know your own car well enough. I suggest hanging out in the Forced Induction forum for a while.
NOS would be pretty cool, but I would want to build up the engine first, like LP said.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts