VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
7,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"2 Killed In Crash Including O.C. Sheriff's Deputy
HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. (CBS) ―
AP
An Orange County sheriff's deputy and his father-in-law were killed in a crash in Huntington Beach, police said Sunday.
Terry Stepp, 44, of Wildomar was driving a red Dodge Viper northbound on Goldenwest Street near Pecan Avenue when he lost control of the vehicle and crashed into a tree on the center median, authorities said.
The high-speed crash was reported at 6:18 p.m. Saturday, according to the Huntington Beach Police Department.
Stepp was transported to UC Irvine Medical Center where he later died from his injuries.
His father-in-law, 59-year-old David Kerr of Huntington Beach, was
pronounced dead at the scene.
Kerr was passenger in the car.
Stepp was an officer with the San Clemente Police Department before it combined with the Orange County Sheriff's Department.
"He had been transferred to the John Wayne airport detail a week ago and before that he was providing police services in Stanton," OC sheriff's department spokesman Jim Amormino said.
Stepp was nominated a sheriff's Red Cross award with his work in the Hurricane Katrina aftermath.
He leaves behind a wife and three children ages 17, 14 and 12. "
http://cbs2.com/local/2.Killed.In.2.1579631.html

· Registered
15,008 Posts
Re: Not a good day for a Viper owner... (PassSedanGLX)

Quote, originally posted by PassSedanGLX »
Damn shame. How the hell do you lose it badly enough to eat it on surface streets, though?

A sicturesque SoCal street as any to meet your maker, I suppose.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=...11.12

Modified by PassSedanGLX at 9:49 PM 3-22-2010

by thinking your a cop and can break the speed limit laws and get away with it? if you ask me, he got what he deserves. much like all the cops that "run the red" b/c they are too lazy to sit and wait like a normal person. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

· Registered
59,645 Posts
"John Hennessey, who was seen on site presumably collecting parts for investigative purposes, could not be reached for comment."

Modified by ATL_Av8r at 8:41 AM 3-25-2010

· Banned
5,552 Posts
Re: Not a good day for a Viper owner... (dieselraver)

Quote, originally posted by dieselraver »

by thinking your a cop and can break the speed limit laws and get away with it? if you ask me, he got what he deserves. much like all the cops that "run the red" b/c they are too lazy to sit and wait like a normal person. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

Wow.... nobody deserves this man. Its so easy to sit behind a computer screen and pass judgement.
You must be perfect too huh?

· Registered
38,962 Posts

Quote, originally posted by dieselraver »

http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

· Registered
15,008 Posts
Re: Not a good day for a Viper owner... (GotMyDub)

Quote, originally posted by GotMyDub »

Wow.... nobody deserves this man. Its so easy to sit behind a computer screen and pass judgement.
You must be perfect too huh?

right. so all the r1cers and street racers who race and crash, they deserve to die right? just because this guy is a cop everyone is like ooooohhhh!! so sorry he died! he didnt deserve it! blah blah, its a double standard because of the guys profession, if the news story had left out the part of him being a police officer, and said it was some tool in a viper showing off, do you think this would have elicited the same response? i think not. do i feel bad he died? yes, do i feel bad his father in law died? yes. was it his fault? YES.
/rant

edit -
some pictures of the accident scene. how fast did he have to go to do that much damage to that tree, take into account just how large the tree is.

Modified by dieselraver at 8:50 AM 3-25-2010

· Banned
5,552 Posts

While it was his fault, which I will not argue.... saying someone DESERVED to DIE is a bit harsh.
There are not too many circumstances that dont involve a premeditated taking of another's life that would be justified by another death.

All I am saying is I think you can across a bit harsh. Being stupid on the street behind a wheel is just that.... stupid.

As far as the tree... there is really no serious damage... sure, the bark has been knocked off where the car made contact with the tree, but it's not like he knocked the tree over either....

· Registered
15,008 Posts

While it was his fault, which I will not argue.... saying someone DESERVED to DIE is a bit harsh.
There are not too many circumstances that dont involve a premeditated taking of another's life that would be justified by another death.

All I am saying is I think you can across a bit harsh. Being stupid on the street behind a wheel is just that.... stupid.

As far as the tree... there is really no serious damage... sure, the bark has been knocked off where the car made contact with the tree, but it's not like he knocked the tree over either....

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif that tree has to be at least 30+ years old, there is no way he is knocking it over regardless of how fast he was going. sorry if i was harsh, but the only sympathy i feel is for his kids and wife.

· Registered
4,615 Posts
Re: Not a good day for a Viper owner... (92skirmishgti)

92skirmishgti-
I'VE BEEN SIGGED?! WOOHOO!

In other, more relevant news:
Maybe this guy was speeding and one could say he "deserved it", but his 3 kids sure don't. Very sad.

· Registered
15,008 Posts
Re: FV-QR (THE KILLER RABBIT)

Quote, originally posted by THE KILLER RABBIT »
hmm looking at the wreckage i wonder why the driver died. cant say that for the person on the kill side though

"high rate of speed"
physical damage is only one component of a car crash, internal momentum of your organs at 80+ mph coming to a blistering dead stop in <1 foot is going to kill you.

· Banned
18,536 Posts

You have to be hauling some serious ass to cause that kind of damage to that kind of tree.

· Registered
41,309 Posts
Re: Not a good day for a Viper owner... (djsheijkdfj)

Quote, originally posted by djsheijkdfj »

You have to be hauling some serious ass to cause that kind of damage to that kind of tree.

Yep.
That looks to be an ACR, which had optional factory multi-point harnesses. My guess? They weren't using them, or anything else for that matter.
Going fast enough to do that kind of damage to a tree going sideways? Dude was ****ing flying.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.