VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like 3 month ago my mkII started hiccuping at 2500-3000 rpms. I asked some peeps and many thought twas a fuel problem and some said o2 sensor. I thought it was mechanical, like my tranny going bad. So i changed my tranny from an aug 020 to a mkIII che020. Problem stopped. Now since then ive put on Patec holeshot coilovers and lowered my car so its tuckin tire on 14" 195/60s. Now theres a light moaning noise that is growing and the jerking and hiccuping has begun again but now its doing it in higher rpms too. I know its not my motors fault its all stock cept for an intake and exhaust. What the hell is happening. New clutch, new axles, new(used) tranny. WTF. If anyone know whats up, i would love to know. Thanks

· Registered
1,058 Posts
The moaning noise is probably tire noise and the hiccuping is engine related, it can be caused by a failing fuel pump, bad spark plugs, dist. cap, etc. Never in my experience has a transmission been responsible for an engine missfire.

· Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the cap, rotor, and wires are straight. My tires dont have much of a tread, falken azinis sports, and are cvs supposed to clunck when turning the wheel at a standstill? Im gonna check my plugs, and fuel pump(s). Thsi still doesnt explain why this stopped last time i changed the tranny, though.

· Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its hiccuping only mildly at low, "cruising" rpms. when i floor it she pulls no problem.
But sometimes when im starting off in first, ill have released the clutch and push the pedal to the floor. But its like a delayed reaction. My car creeps forward and then SLAM! she'll jolt hard and take off. I always assumed it was the digifart. those weird starts only happen like 1-30 times. Im very puzzled.

· Registered
345 Posts
Re: (Questor)

Howdy,
with the engine running, wiggle the electrical wires going to the connector that leads to the injectors, and the connector itself. A wire broken under the insulation, or a bad pin or crud in the connector can kill the injectors from time to time. This is for Digifant FI of course.
Geoff

· Registered
18 Posts
Re: (riceslayah)

dude if its low at cruising rpms, like 1500-300 rpms, then its just your car. every digifant car ive owned in my time has done this. its just the way the car is designed. its like when you have a digital stereo and you can turn the volume to 1 but none less. and 1 is just a wee bit too much. thats how the throttle switch works under the throttle body. no matter how much you adjust it. its still never perfect. so when your cruising down the road barely stepping on the gas its going in and out of "volume 1" im sorry thats the best way i know how to explain it. you should go test your car again if you didnt already know this. good luck

· Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i can dig that expaination. but its starting to happen under more load. but im starting lean towards crappy gas. Im gonna put some octane boost in my tank and see what happens. but i understand digifart and get what your saying, marktoo.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.