VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Tim at http://www.tacscar.com is having a holiday sale for the Klasse twins (Klasse All in One, and Klasse Sealent Glaze). Since Klasse almost never goes down in price, you need to jump on this fast. As soon as the sales start to pick up he'll put the prices back up.
And BTW since i'm an affiliate, please tell him YoSteve sent you, in the order, thanks, Steve (www.yosteve.com) if you need applicators or mf towels check out my site too

·
Registered
315 Posts
Re: Not exactly a group buy for Klasse, but close, x-mas special!!! (Yo)

I just went to place my order but they don't ship to Canada.
Ususally it is just aerosol stuff???
Its just not fair.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Not exactly a group buy for Klasse, but close, x-mas special!!! (MiGTI)

really? i'm pretty sure they do send to canada, just probably not on their website. Go on there, get the number or e-mail and contact them.

·
Registered
163 Posts

yo steve, thanks for the info...................

·
Registered
10,503 Posts

how much does this stuff usually run?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Not exactly a group buy for Klasse, but close, x-mas special!!! (Triumph)

about $40 withouth shipping
go to http://www.properautocare.com
or do a search
and compare pricing. some places charge a lot for shipping too

[Modified by Yo, 1:22 AM 12-2-2001]

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

bump

they'll ship to canada, i believe if you ask

·
Registered
46 Posts

Hey Yo!
Do you have any idea how Klasse holds up to a harsh Canadian winter? I'm talking -30 degree weather...
Is this stuff going to do something ugly like shrink and crack in the cold?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Not exactly a group buy for Klasse, but close, x-mas special!!! (zillatini)

hey zillatini, I don't live in Canada, but not that far (Ohio). I live in the snow belt and Klasse holds up all winter long. We have about 110 inches of snow a year and it get's only 10 below a day or two and I've not had any problems. There are many Canadians that use Klasse and I have yet to hear a report of Klasse not working well in cold, after it's applied.
steve - http://www.yosteve.com

·
Registered
46 Posts

You just sold yourself some applicators my friend.
I'm going to have to do a mid-January application indoors and hope it'll be ready for the cold when I'm done.
I hope it's going to work.

[Modified by zillatini, 2:37 PM 12-19-2001]

·
Registered
4,757 Posts

What do the 2 Klasse products in the sale do for your car?
Thanks!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Here's the story about why Klasse is different.
It's an acrylic polymer that is applied twice a year. The polymer protection, shine, and slickness lasts from 6 to even 9 months.
The two part system is a cleaner wax and a selant. The All in One Cleaner wax lays down an itial coat of acrylic but primarily cleans with a non-abrasive cleanser. It removes oxidation, fine swirls and makes the paint smooth as butter. The Klasse Sealant glaze is the layerable acrylic sealant that gets noticably more durable and slick as you add more. Keep in mind if you have many swirl marks you should deal with them before Klasseing (3M has a great abrasive line) and you might also consider claying off rough contaminants in you paint (if you can feel bumps on your paint).
The system set's up you car perfectly for a great shine but also allows you freedom to put your favoite carnauba or show wax on top of it.
It sounds like a lot of hype but this stuff really works. Many people on autopia-carecare.com can attest to the results, shine and durability.
Good luck in your detailing choice, with Klasse you will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
46 Posts

Steve, my car's brand new, should I wait at all before applying?
btw, i'm putting an order in today, think it'll be here by Christmas?

·
Registered
146 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Steve, my car's brand new, should I wait at all before applying?
No need to wait, just use the AIO to clean the paint, then put 1-3 layers of SG. I did my Passat and so did Yo Steve. The results are awesome. Check out http://www.yosteve.com for application notes and other goodies.

btw, i'm putting an order in today, think it'll be here by Christmas?
[HR][/HR]​
Ask Tim at http://www.tacscar.com.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts

I have a question about Klasse. The SG is applied after the AIO right? So just say I did the whole Klasse process. The next year, would I have to reapply the AIO? Or can the SG just be put on top?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Re: Not exactly a group buy for Klasse, but close, x-mas special!!! (BikeBoy24)

quote:[HR][/HR]I have a question about Klasse. The SG is applied after the AIO right? So just say I did the whole Klasse process. The next year, would I have to reapply the AIO? Or can the SG just be put on top?[HR][/HR]​
Most Klasse users strip the AIO and SG every 6 months to a year and clean the paint of contaminants. This could be done with a clay bar or cleaner like Pinnacle paint Cleaner or P21S paint cleaner or something from Meguiars. After cleaning the paint, you can use a swirl remover to reduce any paint swirls, then apply AIO and SG. Of course, you can just reapply the AIO after a year and top it with the SG up to 3-4 layers. For more info visit http://www.autopia-carport.com/ForumIndex.htm and search for Klasse.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: Not exactly a group buy for Klasse, but close, x-mas special!!! (rad21)

rad21 is right, there are tiny comtaminants that get "trapped" in the sealant over the year (just like how it can in the paint, just not as much" Also they acrylic will start to degradve un extended periods over a year so it's best to remove the "old" layer. This can be done with just the AIO if you like.

·
Registered
48 Posts

Something that was never said about the Klasse twins (or I haven't seen it) : these products tend to help your car to keep clean (the paint will attract less dust and water just beads on it). Klasse All-In-One is also amazing on the windows (much better IMHO than rain-X). AIO will remove wax stains on any material (bumpers,..).
I wash my car less often since I started using Klasse (although it is a dark blue Golf).
Tim at Tacscar will send Klasse anywhere in the world (I had some sent to France) and he will give you the friendliest advices on detailing you might need.
Klasse is not hyped up, it really works

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
Re: Not exactly a group buy for Klasse, but close, x-mas special!!! (Guillaume)

Hmm ... the site seems to be down ... is there a phone num I can try?
thanks!
the site is back up but - how do I use this Klasse twins? are there other steps I have to do w/ them?? and do I have to use foam applicator pads - do they come w/ the bundle?
sorry for the questions - i am new to car care ... thanks!

[Modified by Mencius01, 3:48 PM 12-20-2001]

1 - 20 of 23 Posts