VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i want to run a 1.8 PL with a turbo, i def want to stick 1.8 reasons unknown, anyways i need some ideas of which turbo to run. im turbo retarded. im hopin for around 220-250 whp with the possibilty of trunin up the boost a little but not alot, what are some good turbos for my options? TIA

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry. i should have been more specific, the car will be run on megasquirt, no cis, jumpin the standalone bandwagen. also cant find any 81.5mm pistons that will give an 8-8.5 CR for a 1.8 any ideas?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Re: (kompressorgolf)

If you're dead set on keeping it a 1.8L, another option is to use a head gasket spacer or stack HGs. FWIW, I was originally going to stack HGs but ended up going w/ 83mm 9:1 pistons from JRC motorsports -- very happy w/ the decision at this point, but your priorities may be different.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im guessing yours is a 9A or other 2.0? i guess im trying to find 1.8 pistons cuz thats the block i have, and its not easy to source a 9A or 3A in montana. and i would rather spend money on nice pistons than another block. its all goind into a rabbit so killer HP will really do no good. and i think to start i will run a T3 super 60, anyone know a place to get one? anyone have a used rebuilt or rebuildable?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Re: (kompressorgolf)

Actually, mine is the stock PG block that came on my corrado G60, bored out to 83mm. If you go with forged pistons, you'll need to get the block machined anyway, so you might as well go a little bigger.

IM "killa" for good deals on turbochargers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.