A Caddy on BaT!

LE1Z, too.

Reactions: zeande

·
Registered
Eight diesels of which five are MK1 VWs
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
There hasn't been much movement over the past few days. I think bidders are lurking, waiting to pounce at the last minute.

I am expecting at least $7500, but I wouldn't rule out $15,000.

Still needs to have springs, axles and control arms rebuilt or at at least painted, but the interior and exterior are near mint, near original.

·
Registered
658 Posts
There hasn't been much movement over the past few days. I think bidders are lurking, waiting to pounce at the last minute.

Still needs to have springs, axles and control arms rebuilt or at at least painted, but the interior and exterior are near mint, near original.
It just sold for $10k. this is encouraging for my 1 owner 81 diesel.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
I didn't mention this earlier because I was seriously (well maybe not so seriously) considering throwing in a bid on this one just because I thought I might get a deal. I was going to go just over $5K.

I missed it and I wouldn't have won anyway. Always interesting to see what a nicely kept Rabbit is worth these days.

Currently there is also a Wolfsburg Scirocco, a GTI, and a Cabby on BaT.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
A Caddy on BaT is always noteworthy IMO.

Reactions: deathhare.

·
Registered
Serial car rescuer, repeat offender
1,058 Posts

Sold for $20,000 + $1,000 buyer's fee.

Maybe I'm not going to be underwater on my build after all. Or not too far anyway...

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·

Maybe I'm not going to be underwater on my build after all. Or not too far anyway.
And with mismatched seats, too. Actually, I almost like it. Somehow it works for this interior and there's a certain appeal to having a driver seat and a jump seat. It's not exactly Quinten Tarantino's 'Deathproof', but a similar concept in my mind.

·
Registered
78rabbit1.5LGP & 82rabbitpickup1.6DGC
11,685 Posts
so... modified vehicles are selling for more than original bone stock?
good to know, atleast it keeps upping the pseudo value of my vehicles that i have no intent to sell.

considering looking at the history of auction market fraud since the 1980s, ive begun to wonder if BAT is underhandedly raising the prices artificially

·
Registered
686 Posts

Maybe I'm not going to be underwater on my build after all. Or not too far anyway...
Yeah, based on my perception of your build, I think yours should have a similar result.

I think that people looking for what they perceive to be the best example tend to be willing to pay above the typical value in order to win that. Mechanical issues are often easier to remedy with a checkbook, but cosmetic stuff like paint and bodywork seems to always take longer, so for some folks it makes more sense to just pay out for a clean truck.

The insinuation about BaT raising prices underhandedly is a bit of a leap.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Someone may be poised to get a bargain...
I hope not. For purely selfish reasons, of course. My Caddy will be similar when completed. About as comparable as I've seen recently.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
So BaT has auctioned 3 trucks, all this year. The stock survivor (diesel) went for $10k. The 2 GTI-style gassers (one 16v, one 8v) were both around $20k (including the fees). I think my upcoming 16v truck and I can live with that.

101 - 120 of 138 Posts