VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Serial car rescuer, repeat offender
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I've got something set wrong, but I'm not receiving notifications of new posts to watched thread, or new posts to Conversations (which replaced the old PM system). I've received a couple of email notices of posts to watched threads, but that's only a small fraction of what I should have got. And I have never received any notice of new Conversation posts since the software change.

·
Administrator
3,810 Posts
Alerts/Notifications

A dot on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site, indicates that you have alerts or new conversations (private messages). When you click on your avatar you will see a number next to Alerts and/or Conversations indicating how many new ones you have. Click on each to view them.

You can adjust your settings for alerts by selecting Account Settings and then Preferences from the left side navigation on the new page.

Scroll down to “Receive a notification when someone…” and set your preferences.

For email alerts, scroll down to Content options and adjust your settings.

Make sure to click Save at the bottom if you make any changes.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, @AG-Admin. Yes, I found all that. 2 problems:

1.) There are no options to receive an email notice for replies to a watched thread. I don't want to have to come here to see if there are replies to the threads I'm watching, I want to be proactively notified.

2.) While I have email turned on for new conversation messages, it isn't working. Maybe Comcast thinks the new software is spam and is killing them all. But it used to work in the old software, and doesn't work now. Again, I want a proactive notice that I have a message, not just an alert if I visit the site.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update - I found the spot under Followed discussions where email can be specified. It was and is, and I still get no emails.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have verified that Comcast has classed messages from the new Vortex as too "spammy" and is not just dropping them in the Junk folder, but blocking them entirely. Since they are never delivered at all, I can not flag them as OK. I've had to change my Vortex settings to an alternative email provider.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts