VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Re: NOVA - Junkyards? Where's the closest? (sntx)

depends what you're looking for (parts wise). there's one in Leesburg, Gainsville, Woodbridge...but it seems all the good ones are in Maryland.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Re: NOVA - Junkyards? Where's the closest? (alpine)

2 on rt 1 in woodbridge (aaaco and somehting else)
1 other one near the mall called pennys
mostly have older cars only few vws but usually only mk1 and mk2, every once in a while you find a mk3 or corrado or passat

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Re: NOVA - Junkyards? Where's the closest? (alpine)

Quote, originally posted by alpine »
Andy - Where is the one in Leesburg?

Les..if you go up 7 and turn left like you're going to the Jeep/Subaru dealer(cotactin circle?), after you pass the dealership, it's the next light. Take a right at the light, go up a couple blocks - pass over the bike trail (nice park on the left) and it's the street that parallels the bike trail (should be able to see it on the right before you get to the bike trail. I'm not sure of the name.

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Re: NOVA - Junkyards? Where's the closest? (yelloa3gti)

Quote, originally posted by yelloa3gti »
2 on rt 1 in woodbridge (aaaco and somehting else)
1 other one near the mall called pennys

The good one in Woodbridge used to be Skips - almost before you hit Triangle heading south on Rt 1. The otherone used to be in the hilly section of Rt 1 after you pass the Nissan dealer...think that one was aaaco (could be wrong)
Thing i noticed with VA junkyards were a lot of old american cars.
Maryland yards had a lot of mixture Mercedes, Honda, VWs etc. One called Crazy Rays (301-488-6650) in Baltimore had a bunch of A1 Caddys, Beetles and my Baywindow Bus parts, Crazy Rays in Jessup(301-621-1440) was a bigger lot and had a couple A2 Jettas and Golfs. EzPickins in Baltimore (near Crazy Rays - 410-335-2998) is also a good one that had a few A1, A2, Bus, old Beetle parts. Most the maryland ones charge $1 entrance fee and the'll give you a price list so you know how much it is before you pull it. I got a rubber floor mat ($50 new) for my bus from Ez for $5 because it's considered carpeting.
I only mention the Maryland ones because like you, I'm in Sterling and it's quicker to hit the beltway into Jessup/Baltimore than heading south on 95 or south on Fairfax County Parkway/125 to Woodbridge.

Modified by ShortBus at 6:29 PM 10-21-2003

1 - 13 of 13 Posts