VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 288 Posts

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.nrastore.com/nrastore/ProductDetail.aspx?p=SA+22685&ct=e

The open road is a dangerous place for the unprepared. Fortunately, the NRAstore™ has discovered a new way to carry on-the-road protection securely and accessibly. The NRA Steer Clear’s easy-install, non-marring hook system mounts directly under your steering column with no tools required. Attach any belt loop or clip holster to the mount and you’re ready to go (our popular SA 324 Slide Holster works great). The NRA Steer Clear positions your holstered self-defense pistol at a strong ready position without interfering with your driving. It works with small to large handguns and does not require any modifications to your vehicle. Mount will fit most vehicle applications. Please verify you have both a gap under your steering wheel column and at least a few inches or more of lower dash area just above your pedals. This is ideal for a more perfect fit. Includes manufacturer’s limited lifetime warranty. Length adjusts from 6¾” – 16½”. Color: Black. Made in USA.

:laugh: Open road is dangerous place to be

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
It is now..... :eek:

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
oddly enough, the road really is one of the most dangerous places. Every douchebag ***** mother****er gets behind the wheel and thinks theyre an unstoppable force to be reckoned with. Well, heres your reckoning tools easily accessible now

·
Registered
876 Posts
oddly enough, the open carry states really are some of the most dangerous places. Every douchebag ***** mother****er gets their carry permit and thinks theyre an unstoppable force to be reckoned with. Well, heres your reckoning tools easily accessible now
Sounds about fixed.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Sounds about fixed.
LEGALLY armed citizens almost never cause issues. its the ones who illegally have guns who cause problems. As referenced above, an armed society is a polite society. If everyone who is legal to own a pistol had one, im sure youd see quite a few less armed robberies/carjackings/kidnappings etc.

Guns dont kill people, bad guys do. I carry a gun for a reason, and its not to "look cool", or anything else you want to say. I carry a gun because although I hope I never have to use it, a gun in the right hands at the right time could protect many innocent people. If Im in line at the movie theater and someone walks into the building with an assault rifle, youll just be standing there dumbstruck. Ill be in there waiting for my shot

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Sure is if you pick a 92 F with that sight in that holder mounted at that angle for close quarters. You might be faster if you had an iron in the passenger seat and you Wile E Coyote'd the would be intruder.
Not sure how it fits there. If a 92F was any bigger, it would be considered a crew-served weapon.

Also, IBTL.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
people who are stupid generally have something on their record to prevent them owning a firearm. The ever popular Domestic Violence is enough to lose your gun rights. And if by idiots you mean people who are high on drugs or drunk, thats a different story completely. I dont wanna get into a gun argument on here because all you keyboard warriors will get me angry and ill end up with several warnings. Ill just leave it at this:

Im prepared for whatever happens, but that doesnt mean I have to do anything
Youre unprepared, and unable to do anything even if you want to

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
people who are stupid generally have something on their record to prevent them owning a firearm. The ever popular Domestic Violence is enough to lose your gun rights. And if by idiots you mean people who are high on drugs or drunk, thats a different story completely. I dont wanna get into a gun argument on here because all you keyboard warriors will get me angry and ill end up with several warnings. Ill just leave it at this:

Im prepared for whatever happens, but that doesnt mean I have to do anything
Youre unprepared, and unable to do anything even if you want to
:facepalm: There's plenty if incidents of people who legally purchased a firearm/no priors who then did some asinine action and someone wound up dead (did we forget the road rage incident from the other week were both guys died?).

One example was last year a guy got into an argument at a gas station because some car had their music too loud for his liking. Instead of leaving, one thing led to another and the guy unloaded into an unarmed teen (broad daylight) then fled back to SoFlo. So yeah, plenty of legal guns end up in shootings of stupidity. Not arguing against firearm ownership (looking at buying another one myself), but refuting the point that it's "always" the illegal guns... because it's not. It's those idiots who make the law-abiding people with common sense look bad. Anyway, I'm done. :peace:

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
:facepalm: There's plenty if incidents of people who legally purchased a firearm/no priors who then did some asinine action and someone wound up dead (did we forget the road rage incident from the other week were both guys died?).

One example was last year a guy got into an argument at a gas station because some car had their music too loud for his liking. Instead of leaving, one thing led to another and the guy unloaded into an unarmed teen (broad daylight) then fled back to SoFlo. So yeah, plenty of legal guns end up in shootings of stupidity. Not arguing against firearm ownership (looking at buying another one myself), but refuting the point that it's "always" the illegal guns... because it's not. It's those idiots who make the law-abiding people with common sense look bad. Anyway, I'm done. :peace:
patentpending said:
LEGALLY armed citizens almost never cause issues. its the ones who illegally have guns who cause problems.

I dont think you really read what I wrote. Do legal gun owners sometimes commit crimes with them? Absolutely. Nobodys trying to argue that point. but if you break down the total of all gun crimes, what percentage do you think the gun crime was committed by a legal gun owner? guarantee less than 1%

·
Registered
22,351 Posts
Wonder how this works with knee airbags...

1 - 20 of 288 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.