VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
60,707 Posts
Re: NTSC Input for NAV (eggyacid)

The Blitzsafe adapter is less expensive than this and readily available. This adapter isn't going to give you video in motion. In fact, the other one you posted two weeks ago won't give you video in motion either. I checked with our German friends who have tried one. I was told with the other adapter that you posted (currently only available in PAL), the company gives you wiring instructions on how to interrupt the CANBUS signal using switches to get video in motion but the nav no longer functions once you do this.

· Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: NTSC Input for NAV (spockcat)

thanks for the info.
i'm still looking for a good solution to add DVD system in the car... I'm going to get 2 LCDs install into the headrests, it would be nice to be able to play them on the nav screen too.
i gues i'll wait

· Registered
60,707 Posts
Re: NTSC Input for NAV (eggyacid)

There was supposed to be a US company with a solution (box for CANBUS) last week. But they are slow getting it to market. They haven't even given me the price yet, let alone a sample for test.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.