VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Yes...
Get yo ass to bugfest, I'll be here hangin out with my Rabbit. The new project is running well behind it's original schedule, took a lot longer on the body work then expected. Don't think they figured it was going to be quite as extensive as I described. Should be back in my hands in the next couple weeks though.
FyouCK yes ill be there. whats the date, ill wear my favorite sundress.

New money pit: R32
:sly: :popcorn:

·
Registered
658 Posts
It's Sunday Sept the 18th I do believe. Make sure the dress is light and airy and fairly sheer...makes my gentlmen sausage tingle.

As for the pic of the R, that is OLD! Car has come a long way since then. ;)
Haha Top Gear words. :heart:

Perfect, i recently went to GoodWill and bought one just like it. A few stains, but whatev, i paid like $.80 for it.

Good to hear. Where's the build thread, Or are you just too cool for that sh!t :sly:

Sweet looking Mk2 Brent :thumbup:
Thanks bugsy :thumbup: Wish i had the money to fix her up...

·
Registered
658 Posts
Build thread?? What's that???? No point in a build thread when it's been in a body shop for 6 months. I have it all documented, there may be a build thread later on. Kinda just want to roll it out after all the interior is done at a spring show, then maybe post a build thread...idk. :confused: Maybe I'll post a couple pics in here tonight if anybody's actually interested.
Whoa, i didn't know that was in there for that long. Point taken. I'm f**king interested. post em up. How do you think the air suspension will ride? Never been in one.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I imagine that the bags will offer a pretty decent ride quality since it wont be slammed while rolling, can't be much worse then most of the coilover setups out there people are running these days. Appears that most people don't want to invest in good suspension any more. :screwy:
Ya I think bags are pretty trick. pull up to your parking spot, then lay some frame. Too cool. Im lucky, my jetta already came with the suspension kit.

Still won't give away the color on here, I've had to change colors three times now because right after I pick one there ends up being an R done in it or close to it.
:facepalm:

BUT I can't wait to see some pics!

·
Registered
658 Posts
I know of three yellow Rado's that were in the Toledo area, none of which had a 1.8t or were ever wired for a 1.8t. I know the owners of two of them and have worked on the third. Someone is definitely full of it, and if the info you were given came from the guy in the VR swapped one then I would put any money on it that it was him, don't think he's ever told a story that didn't stink of bullshi+. Just saying, I'm going to move on from the discussion of "Captain Bolt On" as we call him.
Is his name Steve??? :facepalm:

Can we get a roll call of all who plan on attending bugfest?

I might be in for the German Auto show this weekend, have to see what the wife has planned.
I'm in for BugFest!

But, no go for this weekend. :(

·
Registered
658 Posts
I can't sit through an episode of the US version, it is SO bad. IMO:(
The US version could start by getting real hosts, those chumps are TERRIBLE! Tim Allen, Jay Leno, and maybe, Chip Foose?
+1 I also have tried sitting through a couple episodes of Top Gear US. That show is so F*^cking scripted it makes me :mad:. if anyone wants a good laugh at probably the worst interview of all time, check out the top gear us episode with Buzz Aldrin in it. 4 min interview :laugh: tops.

They definitely need to find new hosts. Maybe some people who are actually used to being in front of a camera... They always look soo nervous. Top Gear BBC Four Teh MutherFrackin w!n

This is how Top Gear US makes me feel... (in order)
:):confused::what::facepalm::mad::thumbdown::thumbdown::(:eek:

·
Registered
658 Posts
1 - 20 of 105 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.