VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, it's that time again. Time to fill up the parking lot with VW's and stare at the waitresses.

When: Thursday the 237th @ 7:30
Where: Sidelines on Barret

So far this place has treated us well and even the parkinlot security hasn't busted our [email protected]||s about hanging out there for a while. So It's looking like this palce will be a keeper.
Oh, and to all you normal ATL Durties, if any of you want to show up, thats cool too. So far we've been having a great turn out, I'd like to see more of it.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Re: NWGA Durties: Thursday May 27th @ Sidelines on Barret (Calimus)

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif Much better than driving downtown

·
Registered
10,111 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Calimus »
Oh, and to all you normal ATL Durties, if any of you want to show up, thats cool too. So far we've been having a great turn out, I'd like to see more of it.

gee, thanks for the invitation, i guess i'll be there

any other non NWGA normal dürty want to carvan out with me ..............

take care,
nash

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Re: NWGA Durties: Thursday May 27th @ Sidelines on Barret (Nashty Rabbit)

Quote, originally posted by Nashty Rabbit »

any other non NWGA normal dürty want to carvan out with me

LOL! I s'pose it is better than calling you abnormal. In any case I'll give him he|| for ya

·
Registered
4,734 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Nashty Rabbit »

gee, thanks for the invitation, i guess i'll be there

any other non NWGA normal dürty want to carvan out with me ..............

take care,
nash

I could'a swore we agreed on Hooters in Villa Rica next week......

·
Banned
12,870 Posts
Re: NWGA Durties: Thursday May 27th @ Sidelines on Barret (TreyS)

Quote, originally posted by TreyS »

We who? And if you did, where's the post? I know Matt could use the love.
It's just gotten to the point where there are too many trying to have meets and it's just a race to see who can post the thread first. This one started BEFORE last night's GTG. So it's come down to go where you want basically.

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Re: NWGA Durties: Thursday May 27th @ Sidelines on Barret (VDUBNDizzy)

ain't that the truth... so matt waits.......

·
Registered
4,065 Posts

im a strange man in a strange land..
ATL head in Kennesaw..

i GOT to get outta here.. somewhere where the beer flows like wine..somewhere where i wont get a ticket for my tint.. a place called ASSSSSPEN..

yo ill be there fellas.. heh.. its down the damn street from me anyways,...

·
Registered
3,386 Posts

Quote, originally posted by TreyS »

ok, stop giving the wife heart attacks. No fair since I cant be there to police, uhh... supervise...no wait, I mean accompany my hubby.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: NWGA Durties: Thursday May 27th @ Sidelines on Barret (Dark Demon 8V)

Ok, since I'm drunk as hell and it's only 5pm, I'll post this up.
For starters, the NWGA (North West Georgia for those not in the know) GTGs are for those dirties that just can't make the drive all the way down to the ATL, norcross, gwinett and soforth on a thursday night. Some of us have kids and some of us just have to be at work way to early in the morning to driving for an hour and half, drink for a few hours and the try and drive back sleep and wake up. These meetings are not ment to confuse or offend the rest of the Durties. We also, only do this on a bi-weekly basis so that those of us that can handle it, have a chance to make it out to a regular durties thursday GTG.
Now that that part is out of the way, Nash, sorry about the "normal" comment. It's been a really bad week for me so I wasn't paying attention to my wording. My bad.
Any of these NWGA GTG's are open to any of the durties that feel like making the trip, we DO NOT descriminate (sp? remember, I'm drunk
). The moore the merrier and maybe the more watiresses for Greer to get hooked up with.

These meetings are not ment to be competition with the regularly scheduled Durties GTG's on thursdays. If anyone is still confused, just shoot me a PM and I'll get it all straight for ya.

So now that all of that is out of the way, I'm going to go back to my
and cigars and continue getting plastered since for the next 4 months, I can't get any vacation time from work or even call in sick. I basicly had to tell my boss where to stick it so that I could get today off and if I'm drunk, he can't call me in. So have fun ppl's, I know I will be.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Re: NWGA Durties: Thursday May 27th @ Sidelines on Barret (Dark Demon 8V)

Quote, originally posted by Dark Demon 8V »
this guy will be there too.. ordering Nachoes and Fillet Mingon..

Carlik????????

·
Registered
10,111 Posts

Now that that part is out of the way, Nash, sorry about the "normal" comment. It's been a really bad week for me so I wasn't paying attention to my wording. My bad.

no BIGGIE, i was just bustin your balls cause its the INTERnet

but PERSONALLY, i feel that it is a "LITTLE" confusing having 2 seperate meets on the same day
. the idea of you guys (the really NORMAL dürties
) doing a wednesday seemed like a great idea, cause no conflict with the thursday GTGs, what happened with that plan?
i understand how hard it is to keep driving far out, but i think we need to do a much better job of organizing these events in the different parts of the metro ATL area. so we all take turns driving far out........ unfortunately the vdub community is too small to be having different GTGs on the same nights..............
as for this thursday to come, it appears that it is felix's b-day and he has "unofficially" decided to spend thursday with ALL the dürties at Rusan's . soooooooo, what does that mean?
i think it would be nice to celebrate one of the biggest sarcastic *****'s b-day with him

as for villa rica, we will be up there soon enuff, i know the man asked that we not come, but we're bringing the calvary like it or not, just not this week like i had hoped (here again, due to celebrating the b-day of one of the biggest sarcastic *****'s in the ATL
)

just some thoughts

take care,
nash

·
Registered
3,386 Posts

Actually, we started doing Kennesaw GTG's on (every other)Thursday's originally. We only met once on a Wednesday, that being because of the dyno day that a lot of folks were going to.
Most of the Kennesaw people asked for Thursday meets since it accomodated their schedules better. No big deal, though, if having them on Thursdays is a conflict of interest then we will change the days. That simple. (I'm too old to deal with conflict) However, this will likely be a disservice to the people in the area who cannot make any other days.
Again, as said in previous threads and this post here, there is no competiton intended. We (Calimus and I) live so far outside of Atlanta that going to any of the older established GTG's is pretty much out of the question. It seemed like there was a small group of folks that were in the same boat, and that is how these GTG's in the NW started.
It seems that there are a few people who dont agree with having any other GTG's form outside of the metro ATL area. Sorry if these meets offended anyone. I happen to enjoy meeting other people who are VW enthusiasts as I have been into VW's since before some of you were born (yeah I AM that old), and I thought that these meets were a great way to get to know others who shared a common interest. I did not think that these GTG's would spur so much controversy.

Modified by kuklaki at 1:46 AM 5-22-2004

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: NWGA Durties: Thursday May 27th @ Sidelines on Barret (kuklaki)

I think where everyone is getting confused and/or irked is my use of the "durties" name. I'll refrain from that going forward.
I'll also change it from Thursday to Wednesday after this meeting has passed. Save for the week that holds the Thursday Varsity GTG. The Varsity GTG I think we should all make the trek if possible. It's a 100 mile round trip for me so if I can make it, the rest of ya can as well. Well, unless work/family attention is needed, I put those things first.
Didn't mean to step on anyones toes or ruffle any feathers.

·
Registered
10,111 Posts

Quote, originally posted by kuklaki »

Most of the Kennesaw people asked for Thursday meets since it accomodated their schedules better. No big deal, though, if having them on Thursdays is a conflict of interest then we will change the days. That simple. (I'm too old to deal with conflict) However, this will likely be a disservice to the people in the area who cannot make any other days.

It seems that there are a few people who dont agree with having any other GTG's form outside of the metro ATL area. Sorry if these meets offended anyone. I happen to enjoy meeting other people who are VW enthusiasts as I have been into VW's since before some of you were born (yeah I AM that old), and I thought that these meets were a great way to get to know others who shared a common interest. I did not think that these GTG's would spur so much controversy.

I think where everyone is getting confused and/or irked is my use of the "durties" name. I'll refrain from that going forward.
Didn't mean to step on anyones toes or ruffle any feathers.

i think you have slightly missed MY point. by no means am i, nor any others, trying to "herd" people one way or another, just trying to keep things from getting even more confusing. honestly,the only controversy is that it has gotten so ridiculously complicated as to where to meet

here again, the vdub community is small, so the real disservice is speading our already thin community even thinner.
but i do understand the issues surrounding the lives of many in regards to difficulty coming to them, but like i said, we ALL need to make a better effort in organizing these thursday gtgs so everyone will have to drive far one time or another. if someone can not make it out one thursday, no big deal, life goes on. at least the majority of the group that can make it out, KNOWS where people are PLANNING to meet up. sooooooo, what everyone else does the rest of the week is up to them as for as this stuff goes. just a thought, no contravesy (sp?
)
therefore, if marty wants a marty may-i-drift-my-non-existing ae86-mondays than anyone that wants to attend can

therefore, if tadd wants a tadd-tuesday-twista-night gtg at his house than anyone that wants to attend can

therefore, if felix wants a felix [email protected]#king-get-out-my-way-or-i'll-run-you off-the-road-friday gtg on his way to his house than anyone that wants to attend can

gotta end cause we are leaving for savanaha now
, but will say the issue isn't with using the word "dürty"

by the way, i don't think no harm was done to the toes of anyone involved in this thread
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
take care,
nash

·
Registered
4,351 Posts

The community got spread thin when the whole thing went down with the SV show and Eurotech Atlanta (maybe someone should have thought about the community then). Ever since then there has been a seperation of the "teams". If the Get-To-Gether is on my side of town then I will go to the "big" gathering. If the Get0-To-Gether is on anyother side of town (with the exception of Varsity) then I will be at Sidelines waiting to see who shows up.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Re: NWGA Durties: Thursday May 27th @ Sidelines on Barret (drm916)

Quote, originally posted by drm916 »

The community got spread thin when the whole thing went down with the SV show and Eurotech Atlanta (maybe someone should have thought about the community then). Ever since then there has been a seperation of the "teams". If the Get-To-Gether is on my side of town then I will go to the "big" gathering. If the Get0-To-Gether is on anyother side of town (with the exception of Varsity) then I will be at Sidelines waiting to see who shows up.

THANK YOU!!!
How quickly the control freaks forget!
Two Thursday GTG's works fine!!
I remember when there was no such thing as Durty Dubs...wasn't that
long ago!

·
Just Milking my Carrot in the Honda break room.
Atlanta, GA ~ Honda
38,057 Posts
Re: NWGA Durties: Thursday May 27th @ Sidelines on Barret (kevr6)

Quote, originally posted by kevr6 »

THANK YOU!!!
How quickly the control freaks forget!
Two Thursday GTG's works fine!!
I remember when there was no such thing as Durty Dubs...wasn't that
long ago!

even control freaks fall. Which is why we started the eventual OTHER Thursday night things. We chose to create a place where you didnt have to be a customer to be considered a friend. Some of you seem to forget what it is to enjoy the difference between us and other car makes. I used to drive from Gwinnett to ET everyweek until my paid friendship wore out. That is in the past now, some of you need to get over it. The whole Eurotech/DD thing has been over for sometime now. I would drive out to a NWGA GTG, because I dont own a VW anymore, and frankly I shouldnt have to. Some of you seem to think that the DurtyDubs run the Thursday night GTGs too, which AGAIN isnt the case. Get your story straight before you make whacked out statements.
Also, for some of the "others"... you are entitled to your opinions, but stop generalizing and throwing everyone who happens to live in Gwinnett/NorEast ATL into this group that is against working together.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts