VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,
I got ahold of a NX Ntercooler kit and 2 purge kits for the R32 with the intention of getting a EIP turbo kit once finished (the HPA TT Set up is to rich for my poor blood)... anyway.. I opted for 2 purge kits honestly just to draw more attention to the car so they will eventually swing by so I can pass them a DW flier, and have something to laugh at while encountering people revin me on the streets.. Not knowing when I would have the turbo kit installed & the ND show coming up.. I had the kit installed so I can play with the Purges..

I had a purge set up on both sides of the car to shoot up in the air.. That right.. F&F style!

More pics later!

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: NX install *almost* done... (Bruce_M)

Ya... for fun only...
That is till I get a turbo kit.. then it will be functional on the intercooler..
No motor for me!

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Re: NX install *almost* done... (Bruce_M)

You should have one side purge into your cold air intake in the fender

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: NX install *almost* done... (GTI4ME)

honestly man.. I am soo scared of N2o its crazy... I wont have anything to do with it actually going into the engine..
If I was a Tuner.. I *might* do it.. but I am not..

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: NX install *almost* done... (banzaimf)

I am going to take a pic of the actual purge tomorrow and post it..
Then you will see how it is so fun to have in traffic.. especially when one of those lil honda boys revs on you at a light.. when the see that.. it seems like they turn their car off..

·
Registered
6,522 Posts
Re: NX install *almost* done... (banzaimf)

Quote, originally posted by banzaimf »
mm, nitrous, it gives me the giggles

for about 10 seconds...then you are just dumb.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Re: NX install *almost* done... (golfSPORT95)

Quote, originally posted by golfSPORT95 »

for about 10 seconds...then you are just dumb.

haha......yeah

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Re: NX install *almost* done... (slo_gti20AE)

haha, funny guys... On another note. Would spaying some N2O infron of a cold air intake be alright. If so i'm all for that. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: NX install *almost* done... (.:Reckless)

Quote, originally posted by .:Reckless »
haha, funny guys... On another note. Would spaying some N2O infron of a cold air intake be alright. If so i'm all for that. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Yes, it would... They have a filter kit that goes onto the cold air.. It actually sprays it into the filter..

Modified by [email protected] at 7:35 AM 5-20-2004

·
Registered
913 Posts
Re: NX install *almost* done... ([email protected])

Quote, originally posted by [email protected] »
I am going to take a pic of the actual purge tomorrow and post it..
Then you will see how it is so fun to have in traffic.. especially when one of those lil honda boys revs on you at a light.. when the see that.. it seems like they turn their car off..

LOL. So true http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif .

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Re: NX install *almost* done... (WMTJ)

Why not just USE the Nitros??? It's probabbly safer than a turbo becuse you aren't adding more presure to an already high compresion car (that is if you don't change the ratio).
I thought NOS was safe these days (especialy wet-jet and direct port)due to the fact that cars can match the fuel more properly with injectors and computer control/monitoring.
No?

Would Vin Diesel steer you wrong?

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: NX install *almost* done... (kevin808)

I will eventually use it when I have the turbo..I have always been a VR turbo fan..

As for actually using it now.. I dunno why I dont feel the deal of spraying into a car.. I guess cus I have little self control, and a 25 shot will turn to a 50, then 75, then 100, then 150, then BOOM!

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: (altitude)

MAN... Someone stole my digi cam @ the ND show and it had all my purge pics in it..

I friend has a couple pics of it.. I have to wait till he gets back and he will send them to me. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: (milo)

Quote, originally posted by milo »
So, your just purging the nitrous for the fun of it!
What a waste of nitrous and money.

It is only a waste when you dont have the $$$ to do it.. So, doing that is NOT a waste of money to me.. If you read my original post, it is a method to the madness.
Quote, originally posted by [email protected] »
anyway.. I opted for 2 purge kits honestly just to draw more attention to the car so they will eventually swing by so I can pass them a DW flier, and have something to laugh at while encountering people revin me on the streets..

It is an attention getter. When things get a little slow at the Dubwars booth I have things that will draw attention. We have 2 cars with awsome systems... Not enough traffic, turn the music up and people come.. or I can hop in the car and start purging.. both were very successfull with bringing traffic thru my booth as well as all 3 cars were shot by different magazines butting huge Dubwars.com banners in the shots. Advertisement is priceless. I also passed out a ton of Dubwars info and made more $$ selling DVD's that day than what most people get paid in 2 weeks. So yea, its just a waste of nitrous and money..

1 - 20 of 36 Posts