VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
"No one is coming for your guns"
"Registration equals confiscation is silly. You're just being paranoid"
etc.
etc.

Also, who comes for a .22lr bolt action? :screwy:

·
Registered
21,613 Posts
Another reason I like states which allow in-state sales without paperwork. What a crock of sh_t. I'd say what I'd do, but honestly I simply wouldn't be in NY in the first place, let alone NYC.

·
Registered
23,268 Posts
Another reason I have no desire to even visit that cesspool. Ugh. :what:

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
I'm assuming the SAFE act just needs to be challenged, correct?

·
Registered
20,310 Posts
What, no "Ban NYC"? You guys are slipping.

Seriously, besides the insanity of the bill, it effectively bans any long gun w/ a removable magazine from NYC.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
What do they think you're doing with a .22??? They should be sending you a thank you letter for ridding the state of the abundance of squirrels and other small game. Good thing we live in the land of the kind of somewhat free...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
621 Posts
What, no "Ban NYC"? You guys are slipping.

Seriously, besides the insanity of the bill, it effectively bans any long gun w/ a removable magazine from NYC.
Ultimately their goal is to ban all guns.

People said it could never happen, it just did.

·
Learning New Things Every Day.
'12 Earth F**ker '12 A4q '18 Q3
17,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Heller would be applicable here. And the 5/7 round limit as well.

Similarly, the requirement that any lawful firearm in the
home be disassembled or bound by a trigger lock makes it impossible
for citizens to use arms for the core lawful purpose of self-defense and
is hence unconstitutional.
So a requirement of a limitation of the gun's effectiveness is unconstitutional.

·
Registered
10,495 Posts
I don't know NY and NYC firearm laws. So they banned guns that can accept magazines, and did not include a grandfather clause for those already owned, is that right? If so, then aren't they just enforcing the law? It doesn't say that you have to surrender it, it says you have to move it out of the city.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I don't know NY and NYC firearm laws. So they banned guns that can accept magazines, and did not include a grandfather clause for those already owned, is that right? If so, then aren't they just enforcing the law? It doesn't say that you have to surrender it, it says you have to move it out of the city.
I'm going to be "that guy" and point out that there are rifles with detachable magazines which hold less than five rounds, so technically they didn't ban all guns that have a removable magazine. Admittedly it basically is just about all guns that are no longer allowed though.

·
17,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You serious, Clark? The law itself is unconstitutional.

The three options:
1. Surrender the gun(s) to police- forever
2. Permanently remove them from NYC (with proof of where they are)
3. Argue or have a gunsmith permanently fix your gun to be compliant.

You have to have your head so far up your a$$ to think this doesn't infringe on the basic tenet of the 2nd Amendment- the right to keep and bear arms. Many people use shotguns for home defense, and making residents of NYC move their guns out of the city. Not only that, the city wants proof of relocation. So they can just go steal the guns- or even better- they'll find the idiots who aren't supposed to have guns and arrest them.

·
Registered
10,495 Posts
You serious, Clark? The law itself is unconstitutional.

The three options:
1. Surrender the gun(s) to police- forever
3. Argue or have a gunsmith permanently fix your gun to be compliant.

You have to have your head so far up your a$$ to think this doesn't infringe on the basic tenet of the 2nd Amendment- the right to keep and bear arms. Many people use shotguns for home defense, and making residents of NYC move their guns out of the city. Not only that, the city wants proof of relocation. So they can just go steal the guns- or even better- they'll find the idiots who aren't supposed to have guns and arrest them.
In what way does your post relate to mine?

·
17,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It doesn't say that you have to surrender it, it says you have to move it out of the city.
That part. You have 3 options. Your post claims it's only 1 option- move out of state. Which is not true.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
FUAC THe UNSafe Act is complete horse ****. If there are NY residents in here I suggest you go sign up over on Nyfirearms.com if you aren't already there are members on there who are lawyers that have lawsuits in place challenging the safe act.

·
Registered
13,718 Posts
How do you do this?

I mean, the "permanent" part.

You could move it to a safe within a storage unit or store it at someone's house out of the city, but how do you prove its permanent? You can go pick it up whenever you want.

As always, its just a cluster**** of stupidity when it comes to laws regarding gun ownership.

·
17,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How do you do this?

I mean, the "permanent" part.

You could move it to a safe within a storage unit or store it at someone's house out of the city, but how do you prove its permanent? You can go pick it up whenever you want.

As always, its just a cluster**** of stupidity when it comes to laws regarding gun ownership.
That's exactly it. You remove them to a storage locker or a friend/relative/etc house outside the city. Provide LE with an address and they just might go check.

The obvious issues that arise from that is you've now ID'd your circle of friends. IF you did anything illegal, the police know exactly where your guns are and/or where you're heading towards. Not only that, the police- or other LEO- can go to your "safe" storage location and confiscate the guns. You wouldn't know about it until it was too late. Of course this is all "what if?"

The best bet is to hide the guns within your home. If they ever go door-to-door, the backlash and eventual legal battle will be astounding and embarrassing for LE and the gov't.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts