VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pretty decent drop on my car and I need to get inspected. When I was at the VW dealership they said they couldnt get it on the dyno for the emissions tests. What should I do? I am sure there are people here who have gone through this. Does anyone know and tuner friendly inspection stations that I can go to in the suffolk area? Do all inspection stations use dynos? I could have sworn a couple years ago that when I got inspected they just put the car in park and reved the engine.
My inspections overdue as of friday. Please help!

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Re: NYS Inspection Stations for lowered cars? (utsava)

i went to my local mobil gas station and they had no issues with inspection on my car that was 2" below stock...

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: NYS Inspection Stations for lowered cars? (syktek)

Yeah, I'm thinking its just typical VW dealer uncooperativeness. Hopefully the local autoshop im going to tomorrow won't give me any grief.
Anyone who has been lowered ever have this problem during inspection?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: NYS Inspection Stations for lowered cars? (syktek)

syktek,
I have Weitec 40/40's too... so my car is similarly lowered.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Re: NYS Inspection Stations for lowered cars? (utsava)

Quote, originally posted by utsava »
I have a pretty decent drop on my car and I need to get inspected. When I was at the VW dealership they said they couldnt get it on the dyno for the emissions tests. What should I do? I am sure there are people here who have gone through this. Does anyone know and tuner friendly inspection stations that I can go to in the suffolk area? Do all inspection stations use dynos? I could have sworn a couple years ago that when I got inspected they just put the car in park and reved the engine.
My inspections overdue as of friday. Please help!

was your last car full time awd?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts