VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an obd1 vr and need to know what i can take off this motor and still drive the car. i want to get rid of the o2 sensor if possible. secondary air is gone as is the secondary water injection thing....anything else?

· Registered
1,190 Posts
Re: o2 sensor ? (digifart)

Quote, originally posted by digifart »
knew that , but i have heard of people not running them and the car just runs a bit rich????

Of course you can not run one. The ECU will assume a default value if the O2 sensor is missing. That default value is a safe value which runs slightly on the rich side... I disconnected my O2 sensor on my VR before, (PO did a hack job on the wiring putting in a crappy narrowband O2 gauge) I managed to pull away 27 mpg highway, and 21 on the streets.
Now.. sounds like you are not running the sensor b/c you don't want the added wiring... I haven't seen what your jetta looks like since you dropped the engine in, but can't you pull the O2 pig tail out of the harness, and feed the O2 sensor up through the hole you made for the original O2 sensor on the G60 motor, and just hook it up that way?
Or is there a better/different reason for O2 delete?
You probably know this, but throw it out there, can plug that O2 hole with an oil drain plug.
-Kyle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.