VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought this might prove useful. I saw in my OBD Eleven an option to check the Haldex Clutch Blockage. I assume that would correlate to a clogged pump filter:

·
Registered
592 Posts
I wonder what it's actually measuring. Is there any way to find out?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I believe blockage actually refers to the Haldex clutch coupling. 0% means the clutch is open and not transferring any torque to the rear wheels. VCDS also uses the term "degree of blockage".

·
Registered
592 Posts
I believe blockage actually refers to the Haldex clutch coupling. 0% means the clutch is open and not transferring any torque to the rear wheels. VCDS also uses the term "degree of blockage".
Thanks. That makes a lot more sense.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So there is a way to test blockage on VCDS? Got any instructions? :wave:
The Haldex "degree of blockage" can be found using VCDS in Module 22 AWD -> Adv. Meas. Values -> IDE04502 Haldex clutch status-Degree of blockage.

I suppose if you want to see how clogged the filter is then logging the "Degree of Blockage" (IDE04502) and "Haldex clutch pump current" (IDE05707) might be useful. The pump will have to work harder achieve the required coupling for a clogged/partially clogged filter??

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.