VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
264 Posts
Re: OBD tool (CapeGLS)

If you are only interested in scanning your car for codes, resetting them, and small things like that. Go buy an interface on e-bay for $20 and download the freeware Vag-Com software. The free version doesn't have as many functions as the lisenced one but youll get by. Much cheaper...

· Registered
33,807 Posts
Re: OBD tool (VDub JCA)

Quote, originally posted by VDub JCA »
If you are only interested in scanning your car for codes, resetting them, and small things like that. Go buy an interface on e-bay for $20 and download the freeware Vag-Com software. The free version doesn't have as many functions as the lisenced one but youll get by. Much cheaper...

Then you will be on here asking for our help.
If you want to buy cheap parts......go for it.
I for one don't know how I lived without my vagcom for so long! Its the same with the Bentley manual!

· Registered
264 Posts

Quote, originally posted by CapeGLS »

Then you will be on here asking for our help.
If you want to buy cheap parts......go for it.
I for one don't know how I lived without my vagcom for so long! Its the same with the Bentley manual!

Why will he be asking for your help?!?

· Registered
33,807 Posts
Re: OBD tool (VDub JCA)

Quote, originally posted by VDub JCA »
Why will he be asking for your help?!?

Why don't you look at all of the posts asking us how to connect a 3rd party cable. Or how come a 3rd party cable does not allow you to use "ecu tuning" programs without the removal of other items. Or how about when they come on here asking us for reasons why they only have the 412version of vagcom. Since the newest versions have some 300 codes more than the older versions. (these are all factors that you must think about)
But hey, save yourself $150.... Its not my money.
Its like the old childhood saying... "I wouldn't ____ that girl with your ______"

Oh and he wouldn't be asking for my help... Since I know nothing!

· Registered
264 Posts

Quote, originally posted by CapeGLS »

Why don't you look at all of the posts asking us how to connect a 3rd party cable. Or how come a 3rd party cable does not allow you to use "ecu tuning" programs without the removal of other items. Or how about when they come on here asking us for reasons why they only have the 412version of vagcom. Since the newest versions have some 300 codes more than the older versions. (these are all factors that you must think about)
But hey, save yourself $150.... Its not my money.
Its like the old childhood saying... "I wouldn't ____ that girl with your ______"

Oh and he wouldn't be asking for my help... Since I know nothing!

I guess you have a point... I have a USB 3rd party Vag-Com interface and it works fine for me, but I also have a degree in IT. So no questions here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.