VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Banned
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im curious to know what the difference is between the two heads, if there is any. i know there were distributor heads and coil pack heads. im interested in the coil pack ones.
thought of having work done to a head i have here, but not sure if its obd1 or obd2. any help would be cool.

· Registered
7,033 Posts
Re: OBD1 and OBD2 Heads - different? (DST VR6)

Nothing is different with the head, just depends on what head you are using with what car because a freeze plug may be needed.

· Registered
87 Posts
Re: OBD1 and OBD2 Heads - different? (DST VR6)

Quote, originally posted by DST VR6 »
im curious to know what the difference is between the two heads, if there is any. i know there were distributor heads and coil pack heads. im interested in the coil pack ones.
thought of having work done to a head i have here, but not sure if its obd1 or obd2. any help would be cool.

Earlier OBD1 VR6's didnt come with Secondary Air Injection so there missing the SAI port. Besides that there is no difference between OBD1 or OBD2 heads.

· Banned
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: OBD1 and OBD2 Heads - different? (ArpyArpad)

in this picture, im wondering what the larger opening is for on the 2001 head. i know the smaller one on the bottom left is for the coolant flange, but what about the larger one?

· Banned
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: OBD1 and OBD2 Heads - different? (ArpyArpad)

oh yeah, thanks for clearing that up. i didnt think of that, forgot that was there when i had my cover off.
so it really just comes down to the SAI port.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.