VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
10,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking on craigslist for apts. and i'm trying to find something in the oceanside / close to the beach area of San Diego...but can't seem to figure out where Oceanside is located?
Anyone care to help me out with this search for apts..

· Registered
364 Posts
Re: Oceanside...Northbay? Southbay? (VRpoweredA2)

Do you have a job lined up, or will you be enrolled in school?
Oceanside is in the north coastal region of San Diego County. It's about 25 miles north of the city of San Diego, on the heavily-congested Interstate 5. So it would not be a fun commute.
Post where you'll be working or going to school. Then someone can advise you on the better places to live.

· Registered
10,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Oceanside...Northbay? Southbay? (capriccio)

I'm going to be doing both.
School and work.

Looking for an area to live in right now and then looking for colleges in the area to enroll in. My friend lives in oceanside so hes been recommending living there.

· Registered
364 Posts
Re: Oceanside...Northbay? Southbay? (VRpoweredA2)

Cal State University San Marcos is not that far from Oceanside. San Marcos is east of Oceanside about 12 miles on highway 78. But out-of-state tuition is triple what residents pay, or maybe more.
Oceanside, and Carlsbad just to the south, would be okay for you then, as long as you won't be working or going to school in San Diego itself. There's no reason to submit yourself to a 25- or 30-mile commute each way, when the rush-hour congestion is so terrible and there are really no alternative routes.
Copy and paste this in your browser:
http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_res...ble=1
Can you stay with your friend for a while, til you learn your way around? Finding an apartment from 3000 miles away is impossible unless you're familiar with the area.
Orange County is nice, too, unless you're absolutely sure you want to live in SD County.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.