VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there is a product that auto zone pep boys ect. sells called ocatain booster its a fuel additive said to raise the fuel octain 4 points. is this a product that acually works?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Re: Octain booster, does it work (tryandcatchme)

torco racing fuels mach series. My buddy uses this in his WRX. He used to get detionation all the time after he got his chip dyno tuned. He adds this stuff to every tank and now doesnt get any detionation at all.

I never used the stuff but he says the pepboys autozone stuff is crap. It only adds .4 of a point to the fuel. meaning added to 93 it makes it 93.4 octane not 97 octane. the Torco truly adds full points to the fuel 93 turns to 97. Of course u have to add the right amount.
I have seen his car detionate after his first dyno session. After adding this stuff it did not do it any more. We think this is toulene packaged from Torco
He gets it from http://www.need4speedpower.com
I hope this helps

Modified by DaDocDa at 11:17 PM 5-19-2004

·
Banned
5,344 Posts
Re: Octain booster, does it work (DaDocDa)

Quote, originally posted by DaDocDa »
torco racing fuels mach series. My buddy uses this in his WRX. He used to get detionation all the time after he got his chip dyno tuned. He adds this stuff to every tank and now doesnt get any detionation at all.

mine does the same... damn scooby owners...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts