VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I was driving my Passat a few days ago when I noticed that my front right blinker was not functioning properly. When I have my headlights turned off, the blinker blinks fast, but when I have my headlights turned on, the blinker stays lit. Also, the front right blinker is much brighter than the left. I have tested the resistance of the grounds to the battery on both blinkers; they are below .05 ohms. I have also tried replacing the bulb. Since only one blinker is affected, I would not think the blinker switch or relay would be culprits. Has anyone else had this problem? Any solutions or ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks.

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Odd blinker problem (Odenian)

I have decided to try running a ground wire from the blinker directly to the battery to make absolutely sure that it has a good ground. If that does not work, I will re-run all three wires. If that does not fix the problem, I am out of ideas. I'll post the results when I finish.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.