VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took some things apart to get at all of the motor mounts and block to trans bolts (a knocking noise when I would tap on the gas while driving, as if something is moving. I think it's the new header I installed. The flex point may be a bit too tight). Back to the problem.
I got everything back together and ready to go. I turn the key to the on position and hear not the standard fuel pump noise but a low buzz, and the battery light is on and doesn't go off. I have never encountered this problem, but maybe someone has. Help?!

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Odd buzzing noise?? (Mr. Knappy)

Quote, originally posted by Mr. Knappy »
Fuel pump relay or Load reduction relay clicking? I'd get under there and see what is making the noise and go from there. Hard to say right now without more info.

it's not a click. It's a really loud low buzz. Just like it should make when overheating and no oil pressure, just a lower buzz.

·
Registered
24,788 Posts
Re: Odd buzzing noise?? (Volks1470)

Well relays can make some crazy noises. Get under the dash if you think thats where it's coming from and try to pin point it better. Then you'll either see the problem or we can go from there to figure it all out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.