VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

241 - 252 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #241
Got 2250km on it now. Did a new oil change and a re-seal of the windage tray and the pan. Does not looks like it fixed something, so I guess it the crankshaft seal transmissionside that is leaking..
At least just tiny, tiny bits of metal in the oil. Satisfying.

I discovered both boots where ripped !

Took the car back to the shop who did the allignment. They could not say for sure if they caused this, but they never had another reason for this to happen. Good thing I have done all inspections at the same place as they knew the condition of the car. So they fixed this for free.

Missing the one for the passenger dor tho..

Polished rims are great as long the car is not beeing used. #AlwaysDirty

Then I finaly installed the rear swaybar again !
Was very excited about this to tell the different. Did not like it last time. Then I had much stiffer coilovers and without end-links.

And now, no interferance with fueltank.

But with the rear silencer.. Will angle this so it does not hit.

This rear swaybar with endlinks and the KW V3´s are SO MUCH BETTER then last time. It does so much.
Without it it feels like the ass is just taggeling along and not with the front, but with swaybar installed the ass feels active with it. Like the front and rear just become one part.
It´s so nicer to drive with this and really encurrage to go fast in the corners. Happy happy.

Not so often pictures are frome above;

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #243
On this day today its been 13 years since i bought and picked up the Corrado. Times fly..
Had an engine upgrade planed for this year, but its postponed to 2022.
At least some other parts are starting to getting in.

There is still snow and minus degrece at night. So the car is still at winter storage, but hopefully I will take it out soon.
The roads are snow free, but need heavy rain to clear off all the salt first.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #245
Collected the car from winter-storage a week a go. This is the very first time after 13 yrs I could install the battery terminal, turn the key and just drive it out of there. DAMN how good that feeling was ! Fired at first try.
Got an instant reminder of how happy I am I did the 02J shifter swap. Would reccomend to everyone.
And hell YES how FUN this car is to drive trough the corners. It just begging for more, love it.!
"Winter" and minus degrece still around so most of the funny "back-country roads" have to wait, but some are okey

Have not done much to the car yet, but have ofc washed and cleaned both exterior and interior, washed and re-oiled the intake filter and cleaned out oil catch-can.
It is still very cold weather so updates/pictures of anything worth posting pictures of have to wait. In the meantime i boost it as often as I can.!
Cheers !

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
do you find the o2j shifter completely smooth or slightly notchy?

i've installed my set up (haven't driven with it yet) but also have the diesel geek short shifter and it feels SLIGHTLY notchy
either way it does feel alot more solid than the o2a setup

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #247
do you find the o2j shifter completely smooth or slightly notchy?

i've installed my set up (haven't driven with it yet) but also have the diesel geek short shifter and it feels SLIGHTLY notchy
either way it does feel alot more solid than the o2a setup
It is smooth, but a little "notchy"/feelable (Hope that is a word, haha) when placing gears, yes.
I kinda like it, I think of it as an confirmation that Its in gear.
I do not use a short shift (Yet)
Remember it took me a few shot to hook the cable ends correctly. Some say pull the cable into sleeve, some say not - so I tried both.
For me, doing nothing with the cable end vs the sleeve worked best.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #249
After polishing the car last year one thing has annoyed me. I never dit the inside of doors and the color was much brighter and non-glossy. What a bad reminder every time I open the door, so I polished it. Had to do it by hand as I dont have a small machine. It did help a lot !

Only have one before-shot;

After;

Washed down the rims and applied Swisswax Autobahn;

Seven years ago;
Only thing I dont like is the tailpipe, to poky,small and ugly. Have to find a new one/custumize the one followed..

About time do to something about it!
Did not get it as perfect as I wanted. Its not centered as it would inter-fear with the rear bumper.
Also it is angled to much upwards for my liking, but anyways. It is better than how it was.
Maybe I´ll drop in to a Exhaust shop to make a new, perfect bend between silencer and tip. Have to wait and see how much it annoys me first.. A little deeper sound with this (resonated) tip.
If you look closely you can also see that I have black background on the flag in license plate. Originally it is ugly blue..

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #252
Thanks both of ya!
Next out to be cleaned is the engine bay, woke up to snowing weather today so this will be at a later time..

241 - 252 of 252 Posts