VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Have you been looking for an OEM alternative to an MP3/Blutooth capable aftermarket radio, but have found whats out there to be drastically overpriced for what you are getting, not to mention complicated to install? Well, STOP before you spend $1000+ on an aftermarket head unit, and then look no further than the OEM Accessory Radio RMT 300. This OEM head unit is the perfect and easiest upgrade in order to get bluetooth audio and phone installed into your car. You also have the option of connecting your phone, or MP3 device through a USB cable or 3.5mm Aux. Port. There is even a SD Multimedia card slot on the head unit to make sure, no matter what your tunes will always be with you!

One of the nicest parts about this head unit, it its overall look. With a very OEM style, it will blend seamlessly into your car. It will not like it was added, but more of that it was a factory part that ins originally installed in your car.

This head unit is not a difficult install and cal be done at home, or taken to a professional installer. Please make sure to select from the drop downs the necessary kits in order make make sure all the functions work properly.

Have any questions about compatibility with your car? - Feel free to email us at [email protected]

Interested in purchasing this head unit for your car? - BUY HERE!

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
Does this work with the OEM steering wheel phone and audio controls? Does it display audio and phone info on the MFD? Does it come with a microphone for phone calls?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello!

Unfortunately, the steering wheel controls will not work with this. However, it does display all the needed information on the screen as well as has a built in microphone on the head unit itself.

I have one installed on my MKV R32 and I thought that not having the steering wheel controls was a deal breaker, however, I came to realize how little I actually use those controls.

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
So phone buttons on the steering wheel don't work, but do the volume and mute buttons?

Seems like a nice plug and play upgrade, pair this with a dash mount for your smartphone and you've got yourself a pretty nice system. Only problem is the price, those Chinese Android-based head units are cheaper and slicker, though they do require more tinkering to get everything dialed in. Don't know if anyone in the U.S./Canada has been able to get decent AM/FM reception out of one either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.