VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Re: OEM HIDs (R32) GB Feeler....a few quick questions for you guys ([email protected])

As you know, people pay ~1150-1200 on average for these. What price will you be offering them for? This is probably the biggest concern for everyone even though you do not have much wiggle room with the pricing.

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: OEM HIDs (chungie)

Quote, originally posted by chungie »
As you know, people pay ~1150-1200 on average for these. What price will you be offering them for? This is probably the biggest concern for everyone even though you do not have much wiggle room with the pricing.

thats why i am asking the above, "I need a stratight up NO BS head count of people that would be in for this and at what price is your breaking point?"
i need some numbers thrown my way as what you as a group would expect or not be happy with is the price more than $x.xx

·
Registered
4,598 Posts
I can give you a no BS straight up answear if i knew a price.
PM with a price and i will let you know, yes or no (no maybe's)

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (selfatvi)

i think you guys are missing the point here. price that i am able to get depends on how many i buy at once!! before i can tell you or even know what i may or may not be able to do is tell the source how many complete set-ups i want! soooo thats why all i am asking you serious guys to do is say
if they are less than $x.xx i am in. but if they are more than $x.xx then i pass!

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Re: (02PearlWhiteS6)

I mentioned something about wanting HID's in the GB thread, but unfortunatly I can't commit to them right now, maybe in a few months. (they are lower in importance in my mod list right now and usually pretty pricey) might not matter...but IF i could commit I'd proly bust @ $750 or that close to that range. (so large GB would be needed I'm assuming). Sorry Kevin. Thanks for going through the trouble of at least checking into this....

·
Registered
443 Posts
Re: (b.schulz)

Kevin,
I understand what you are saying about that you can't give us a price unless you know how many people are in for sure. But it is hard for us as consumers to commit to something when we don't have a set price. I'm sure you can relate. However, would it be possible for you to give us an estimate, or rather, a chart providing us an estimate on pricing if x amount of buyers are in, then this is how much it's going to be and so forth? Thanks in advance.

Modified by vivencio at 3:38 AM 5-18-2004

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (JJ2K1)

ok guys thanks for the replies. but based on them so far there is no way on earth these prices would happen (unless we straight up robbed the plant lol), not even close
cheap aftermarket kits are in the range of $400-700, not top quality OEM's! rock bottom would be approx $1000-1025. Let me know if I should even keep working on the source! thanks

·
Registered
18,646 Posts
Re: ([email protected])

Thanks for the effort Kevin, but there are folks out there who we can go to right now to get them complete for around that price. It's not that it's all that high, it's that people can get this stuff right now without dealing with the (potential) hassles and unavoidable delays associated with GBs.
In order to make it worth it, the price would have to beat market average around here right now.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Re: (Karma)

Holy sh*t, are you serious?? Where in the world can I get an OEM HID kit for anywhere between $400.00 - $700.00!?!??

...inquiring minds would like to know!

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Re: (vivencio)

Come on guys look around the classifieds at the other GB's that have gone through and get an estimate based on those prices. I think offering them for the 1000 - 1100 dollar range would defintely be an excellent price. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
18,646 Posts
Re: (Shmoe)

I'm not saying his estimated price is obscene, just saying why a GB may not be the best route at those prices.

·
Registered
31,002 Posts
Re: (Zoku)

Quote, originally posted by Zoku »
Holy sh*t, are you serious?? Where in the world can I get an OEM HID kit for anywhere between $400.00 - $700.00!?!??

Read it again. Aftermarket HID bulb/ballast retrofits, not complete lamps, can be purchased for $400-$700.
If you guys want a vendor to spend their money importing in a bunch of lamps, having a short term "in stock" supply in order to quickly fulfill orders...there's a price to pay for that. You can't expect ESE to extend their credit, do all the legwork getting the stuff here, and then moving them out the door at little-to-no profit.
What ESE could/would do (and their pricing) compared to a person-to-person Paypal purchase (and their pricing) of HID's from a Vortexer who has some connection to get them isn't fair to a retailer.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Re: (Jman5000)

I'll say it again, Im in for $1000, Because I think that is a fair market price for these lights. I Hope that other people realize this too. I would buy them in a heartbeat for $1000.

·
Registered
18,646 Posts
Re: (02PearlWhiteS6)

I forgot to mention that I would as well.
I'm just saying that the response isn't as positive as some would hope simply because people are looking for that "super deal" that isn't going to be possible within the next 1-2 years since we're talking OEM here.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Re: (Shmoe)

Quote, originally posted by Shmoe »
Come on guys look around the classifieds at the other GB's that have gone through and get an estimate based on those prices. I think offering them for the 1000 - 1100 dollar range would defintely be an excellent price. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Remember that group buy where this guy on the vortex was selling them for 500 dollars? and everyone gave him crap cause they thought he was a hoax, and when he delivered everyone bit their tounge?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts