VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd ordered some OEM HIDs from germany, and I finally got them. The only bad part is that they didn't include everything. Please help me instal them. I have the ballasts and all the bulbs, but I don't have the plug that connects into the ballast and has a wire that leads to the hid housing. I would like to know where I can get just the wires and plug itself; These are the yellow and brown wires with the blue plug. I need to mainly know where those two wires are connected. please help.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Re: OEM jetta HID question.... (jean malicar)

I'm assuming one of those gets a positive 12 volts and the other gets grounded. Then the light gets bright.

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Re: OEM jetta HID question.... (jean malicar)

I'm just curious to know. You ordered OEM HIDs and that's all you got? Usually an automobile lighting needs power from a positive source and the negative needs to be grounded. Now if you don't have proper housings with what you got you may need to start getting creative to fit them in your current housing.
Give us more details on what else you have and you will get more info. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Those last two wires go into your stock headlight connector. You can strip those wires and add a connector so its more plug and play.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts