VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
241 - 260 of 285 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
DUH?

You are in the OEM Rabit/GTI Thread... This is a no brainer thread.

You do have to move wires, and Re-Code per the Jetta/GLI LED DIY Thread .
thread is called oem led
title didnt say for just rabbit etc.

either way i'm wondering if this will work for the jetta as well, meaning the arrangement of the wires
i'd check there but the link for the diy in the thread is dead. its a PDF im assuming but whoever posted it has't reposted like i asked. and the file is dead.

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
thread is called oem led
title didnt say for just rabbit etc.

either way i'm wondering if this will work for the jetta as well, meaning the arrangement of the wires
i'd check there but the link for the diy in the thread is dead. its a PDF im assuming but whoever posted it has't reposted like i asked. and the file is dead.
Tim's right; this thread started as a Rabbit/GTI thread... but you're right too; the title is misleading.

I've noticed that the installation and DIY link is dead too. I've got a copy of the PDF.

But if all you need is to double-check the Jetta/GLI wiring, for amber turn signals it should be:

Left:
Pin 1: Brown (Orange) - ground
Pin 2: Gray with Black stripe
Pin 3: Black with White stripe
Pin 4: Black with Red stripe

Right:
Pin 2: Gray with Red stripe
Pin 3: Black with Green stripe
Pib 4: Black with Violet stripe

·
Registered
444 Posts
Tim's right; this thread started as a Rabbit/GTI thread... but you're right too; the title is misleading.

I've noticed that the installation and DIY link is dead too. I've got a copy of the PDF.

But if all you need is to double-check the Jetta/GLI wiring, for amber turn signals it should be:

Left:
Pin 2: Gray with Black stripe
Pin 3: Black with White stripe
Pin 4: Black with Red stripe

Right:
Pin 2: Gray with Red stripe
Pin 3: Black with Green stripe
Pib 4: Black with Violet stripe
coiuld use the whole thing.
i'm trying to figure out how you remove the wires to rearrage them. i took the little purple tab thing out but still cant get the wires out so i'm wondering how it's done and i remember the pdf shows it a bit better

·
Registered
600 Posts
Here is the tool I built to release the pins. It's made from a staple that I clipped the sharp ends off of and bent to size with needle nose pliers. Took a few minutes and I was done.

From the front of the harness you will see two tiny holes you will want to put the forks of your tool into. You will feel the wire get loose in the harness nearly instantly and it will be very easy to pull out if it's been released.

GL!

·
Registered
35 Posts
ok this is one thing i dont understand. everyone says you need to add a 4th wire.

i was just looking at my harnesses again, i have a 4th wire. so do i just need to reange the wiring fior it to work or what?
You do not need the extra wire for jetta or gli. The extra wire is needed for a rabbit or gti.

just saw the edit great, so i just need to re-arrange the wires and it should work right?
It depends if you are planning on having the rear fog. If you want the rear fog, you have to swap out one wire in the controller (connector C, PIN 12 moves to connector B, PIN 4) and rearrange the wires in each tail light. If you do not want the rear fog, all you have to do is rearrange wires at each tail light. Both cases require VCDS recoding.

coiuld use the whole thing.
i'm trying to figure out how you remove the wires to rearrage them. i took the little purple tab thing out but still cant get the wires out so i'm wondering how it's done and i remember the pdf shows it a bit better
I have the original pdf. Once I figure how to post it here, I will.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
so I have to buy two wires (from vw??) and run them to the euro switch??? I have a problem where my parking lights turn on but turn off after a little while. I need help
The two wires just make ends. You cut them in the middle and you need to supply your own two wires to go from the front of the car to the back to make this work. You dont connect them to the switch they go to the CECM.

·
Registered
918 Posts
question. i plan on just splicing the new wire into the parking light this turns off the bulb out light just not the message in the cluster? could i get an inspection? and the lights would have the parking lights be the inner and outer ring?

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I finished running the 2 wires the other day. You pretty much have to tear apart the interior of your car including removing the rear bench and drivers side rear backrest. It's a bit of work but worth it for a clean install. I'll find out by the end of tonight or whether ormnot I wired everything correctly. I may add to this DIY with pics and such to further help everyone. If anyone is removing interior pieces and having trouble with it - PM me if you have questions. Some of the pieces are a little tricky.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I finished running the 2 wires the other day. You pretty much have to tear apart the interior of your car including removing the rear bench and drivers side rear backrest. It's a bit of work but worth it for a clean install. I'll find out by the end of tonight or whether ormnot I wired everything correctly. I may add to this DIY with pics and such to further help everyone. If anyone is removing interior pieces and having trouble with it - PM me if you have questions. Some of the pieces are a little tricky.
I didnt have to rip any of my seats out. I did have to lift the lower seat cushon up on the rear seat to get the wires by and up under the plastic other than that i did it all in 20 minutes. Professionally, but then again I also have some experience with auto body and tearing apart interiors.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I didnt have to rip any of my seats out. I did have to lift the lower seat cushon up on the rear seat to get the wires by and up under the plastic other than that i did it all in 20 minutes. Professionally, but then again I also have some experience with auto body and tearing apart interiors.
I grouped the 2 wires with the bundle that runs on the drivers side. That's why I had to rip everything apart. Got a lot of drinking dne in the process.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I grouped the 2 wires with the bundle that runs on the drivers side. That's why I had to rip everything apart. Got a lot of drinking dne in the process.
Ah so you really dug in to it. I wasnt going to go that crazy, but my two wires are well placed in the interior , they follow the bundle mostly till after the rear seat, but they are not attached to it.

241 - 260 of 285 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.