VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
121 - 140 of 285 Posts

·
Registered
9,699 Posts
Re: (Buran)

Quote, originally posted by Buran »
I'm having service done Monday (10k) and I will ask them to be sure to install the latest patch. Anyone know if this also kills error messages for other LEDs, like license plate lights and front turn signals?

Modified by Buran at 1:00 PM 5-30-2008

Any Dealership upgrade that is available will have nothing to do with your choice of lighting options.
EOL

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
My dealer wouldn't do the flash even though I explained it would kill the message, because they were wary of the change (come on guys, you went to automotive engineering school and can't figure out that this isn't going to kill anything!?!?) and also "we only do that if you are actually having a problem" ....

·
Registered
161 Posts

If it makes you feel better, my husband has had the throttle butterfly error twice now that the ECU upgrades fix, and the dealership just clears the error and says nothing is wrong.

·
Registered
834 Posts

The OY and O8 flashes do not affect the CECM (Central Electronics Control Module). I don't believe either of them will make your bulb out warning go away. I have an 06 with just the OY update and I ran the extra wires and have never had any bulb out warnings (and my LEDs have been in for 9+ months now).

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
Re: (r32-1163)

Anyone near the Philly area that's installed these and care to help a brotha out with installing mine???

I suck at running wires and tearing my car apart and would like to do as minimal of that as possible.

·
Registered
5,029 Posts

I like that idea but I want the tails to work the proper way and have only the inner ring as the brake light, not the inner and outer.
Also, I plan on removing the red rear fog lens and doing two reverse lights. Anything special that has to be done for that?

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Re: (M Diddy)

Quote, originally posted by M Diddy »
I like that idea but I want the tails to work the proper way and have only the inner ring as the brake light, not the inner and outer.
Also, I plan on removing the red rear fog lens and doing two reverse lights. Anything special that has to be done for that?

Well, the only difference in doing it the OEM way is that the outerring doesn't act as a brake light but they are still illuminated when you have your parking lights on.
As for the rear fog lens, I heard all it is, is you remove a few screws, 2 clips and it pops out. remove the Red lens and re-assemble it.

·
Registered
5,029 Posts

Quote, originally posted by r32-1163 »

Well, the only difference in doing it the OEM way is that the outerring doesn't act as a brake light but they are still illuminated when you have your parking lights on.

That's the way I'd like it to be. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
8,588 Posts

I even made it plug and play, no wire swapping, just VAGCOM to change the way it works and to disable the bulb out warning.

We're planning to try your code change, and if that fails, then run wires; however, Jim already swapped the pins. (edit: looks like I will need to get a pair of your harnesses, and undo the wire change -- PMed you). Let's cross our fingers that the code change fixes the problem. I should note that I'm using the smoked version of the Hella LED tails, not the VW ones.

Modified by Buran at 11:54 AM 6-5-2008

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
inner fixture in Valeo / VW LED tail lamp set

...As for the rear fog lens, I heard all it is, is you remove a few screws, 2 clips and it pops out. remove the Red lens and re-assemble it.

The studs mount the unit to the car. Valeo OE VW LED tails are not screwed together. You have to cut plastic welds and re-weld / glue it back together.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Re: inner fixture in Valeo / VW LED tail lamp set (JetTurbo)

Quote, originally posted by JetTurbo »

The studs mount the unit to the car. Valeo OE VW LED tails are not screwed together. You have to cut plastic welds and re-weld / glue it back together.

bummer, though, what I would do is buy the left inner lap from someone over in England. Since they are RHD there, their left inner lamp should be clear http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Only problem now is finding a hookup to do it.
I get wheezy thinking about cutting and re-welding the plastic, just to remove one red lens.

·
Registered
7,445 Posts

As for the rear fog lens, I heard all it is, is you remove a few screws, 2 clips and it pops out. remove the Red lens and re-assemble it.

Can someone actually show this on a Jetta LED tails?

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
Re: inner fixture in Valeo / VW LED tail lamp set (r32-1163)

bummer, though, what I would do is buy the left inner lap from someone over in England. Since they are RHD there, their left inner lamp should be clear http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Only problem now is finding a hookup to do it.
I get wheezy thinking about cutting and re-welding the plastic, just to remove one red lens.

There is not yet a version of the OEM LED's for the Golf/GTI/R32 for England or any other country where they drive on the left side of the road. In those countries they take apart both lights and swap the red lens from the left side to the right side.
In all honesty, I was one of the first people to do this mod and it is not very difficult to remove the red lens. The only thing that I failed to do was take pictures. You don't need to weld plastic, because super glue works just fine. If you do use glue, be careful not to let it run down inside of the tail light.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Re: inner fixture in Valeo / VW LED tail lamp set (jimb)

Quote, originally posted by jimb »

You don't need to weld plastic, because super glue works just fine. If you do use glue, be careful not to let it run down inside of the tail light.

In that case, is there somewhere we can get an extra inner tail lamp? I'd feel more confident in doing it if I had a spare lens just in case I messed up.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Buran »
I've had three people "help" by telling me my left backup light is out!

I've had a few of those
first one was my GF, backed up the car in our stall while she was watching, give me a weird look, then says, HEY! you hooked up your reverse light wrong!

I'm a little tired of explaining to people that it's supposed to be like that, lol.

121 - 140 of 285 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.