1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So who's going to be the first

http://www.vwvortex.com/artman...shtml
Quote »

Volkswagen's accessory and customization arm Volkswagen Individual is now offering an optional "Rear Seat Entertainment" (RSE) system in Germany for the Passat and Sharan minivan. Volkswagen Individual plans to roll out more applications of the RSE system in other Volkswagen models in the near future. While there are no immediate plans to offer either system on North American products, Volkswagen Individual is currently investigating offering services and equipment here in North America and we'll certainly keep our readers up to date on any developments for our market. The German Press Release follows below:
Wolfsburg, Germany - Film fans will now be able to watch their favourite movies in the Passat and Sharan: with the new "Rear Seat Entertainment" (RSE), developed by Volkswagen Individual. The DVD system is now offered in the Passat and will replace the current video system in the Sharan from March. The car journey can be easily transformed into a multi-media experience. RSE provides entertainment regardless of whether you want video, music or computer games.

On the Sharan, the system is equipped with a maximum of 2 TFT flat screens which are fitted in the head restraints on the front seats. The DVD player, which is located in the centre console, is operated via infra-red remote control. It is equipped with headphone sockets to reduce potential noise irritation for the driver and other passengers. Two headphones are included in the scope of delivery. Auxiliary appliances such as game con­soles, DVD changers, laptops, MP3 players or digital cameras can be connected via a special socket.
In the Passat, the DVD player and LC colour display are integrated in a drop-down roof console. The system includes headphone sockets and connections for external media sources (e.g. game consoles, camcorder, MP3 players). Two cordless headphones with volume control and infra-red remote control are included in the scope of delivery. All formats such as DVD, CD or MP3 can be played on the Passat RSE.

"Rear Seat Entertainment" is available as an optional extra in the Passat and Sharan for 1,990 euros. The system can also be ordered with two screens in the Sharan (price: 2,500 euros). The RSE supplements the list of optional equipment for both models. The radio system "beta" is particularly popular in the Passat as well as the cruise control system and fog lights. In the Sharan, the mobile phone provision, the winter package (windscreen washer jets, front seats and windscreen all heated) and the technology package (radio wave remote control system, anti-theft alarm system, multi-function display) are very popular.

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
Re: OEM Rear Seat Entertainment (Dub Nerd)

lol not me! it looks sooo hot tho http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
edit: did they put airplane seats in that car or what? please return your tray tables to the upright position before achieving max boost

·
Registered
35,225 Posts
Re: OEM Rear Seat Entertainment (Sully NJ 1.8)

OEM... Pff who needs that..I went with the real deal. Though the overhead set-up may be somewhere, just for the use of there screen, as it looks motorized. (I have an idea) http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
7,730 Posts
Re: OEM Rear Seat Entertainment (Einz komma acht T)

why would you pay to have tv in your car
what happened to looking out the window seeing some scenery
the lovely world we live in or just maybe having a conversation on nice drive

any ways thats just my two cents

·
Registered
961 Posts

the unit looks kinda big for our cars, looks like it would get in the way of the rear view mirror.
Quote, originally posted by Sully NJ 1.8 »

edit: did they put airplane seats in that car or what? please return your tray tables to the upright position before achieving max boost

exactly what i was thinking.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Re: OEM Rear Seat Entertainment (stock_gls)

Quote, originally posted by stock_gls »
sorry, but i have my own form of backseat entertainment.......

Someone forget about Mall Rats??

·
Registered
10,532 Posts
Re: OEM Rear Seat Entertainment (2 F1 Fans)

MOST DVDs have a region code that is ALL which means most players can read them... However, i'm sure some of the pirates from Hong Kong aren't like this.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Quote, originally posted by Sully NJ 1.8 »

I think it's a good idea. A lot of very expensive cars have those

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
Re: OEM Rear Seat Entertainment (Dub Nerd)

as notorious as VW is for having parts/windows fall off/down. You may want to rethink this one

1 - 15 of 15 Posts