VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OEM wheel database... 101 freaking wheels!

http://4130-products.com/step/wheels/
Just added some wheels I snapped while at Waterfest. Now have 92 wheels in the database.
If you find the OEM wheel database useful then please bump this post up so others can find it.
uber mini FAQ about the database:
Why are you doing this? - On my 04 Jetta Wagon, I wanted to put different wheels on it, but "OEM" wheels, not some *bling bling* crap. I couldn't a source that had good clear pics of VW's different allow wheels so I decided to make my own figuring I wasn't the only one wanting to see what the OEM options are.
You took all of those pics? - Most of them, about 95% I guess. Most of the Phaeton pics came from the Phaeton forum here at VWVortex. A couple of people have sent in some pics for me as well.
Don't you have a life? - No.

Modified by penclnck at 6:23 PM 9-11-2005

Modified by penclnck at 7:00 PM 9-29-2005

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Re: OEM wheel database... 92 wheels and growing!!!! (penclnck)

good job! Now I know the actual names of some of these wheels.
I was just thinking that maybe you could also add a line for the "common called" names. like "snowflakes" and "bottlecaps" etc.
just a thought..

·
Registered
3,798 Posts

Isn't these the Pirelli wheels?(100-0030_IMG.JPG) At least that is what I have heard them calling other than the "P" wheels. I have a set but one of them is damaged at little bit that was on my 86 Jetta GLI.
Hope this helps your database.

Modified by rocconut at 10:37 AM 7-29-2005

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: OEM wheel database... 92 wheels and growing!!!! (rocconut)

.... 93 wheels now:
Atlanta
As for the ?Pirelli? wheel, I've had several emails saying it called a "P" wheel or "P-Slot". However, I think that is the nickname people have given it and not it's actual name. Something like " Adrenaline" for example, is it's real name (not saying I think that is what it is called).
Take the following wheel for example:

Much like people know that wheel as the "Bottle Cap" when it is really called "Montreal".
Keep bumping this up if you find the database useful.
Thank you.

Modified by penclnck at 11:25 PM 8-10-2005

Modified by penclnck at 11:26 PM 8-10-2005

·
Registered
4,169 Posts

this wheel is a Votex, don't know the name but it's not a factory wheel. well i guess it could be considered a factory wheel...

i think this is also a Votex wheel.

Modified by MidnightGLI at 2:43 PM 8-11-2005

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
Re: OEM wheel database... 92 wheels and growing!!!! (MidnightGLI)

That is a 16 spoke alloy off of an Audi 4000, they came in 4x100 and 4x108 depending on year and if it's a quattro or not I believe. I know they're 14" but don't know the offset. I think Ronal made them.
Also, here is a page you can cross reference from:
http://www.vintagewatercooleds...s.htm

Modified by jackfrost1031 at 7:09 PM 8-11-2005

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: OEM wheel database... 92 wheels and growing!!!! (MidnightGLI)

Quote, originally posted by MidnightGLI »

this wheel is a Votex, don't know the name but it's not a factory wheel. well i guess it could be considered a factory wheel...

I'm including Votex wheels since they are a "VW part" like the OEM wheels and they have real VW part numbers. I doubt any car came from the factory with Votex wheels, but I'm sure there have been dealers that have put them on show room cars.
Thank you.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts

Quote, originally posted by penclnck »

I'm including Votex wheels since they are a "VW part" like the OEM wheels and they have real VW part numbers. I doubt any car came from the factory with Votex wheels, but I'm sure there have been dealers that have put them on show room cars.
Thank you.

I accually have a set of these on my Harlequin I got not too long ago. Was kinda wondering about getting more info on them.

·
Registered
296 Posts

I recently got some A2 Silverstones (aka Teardrops) and stripped the clear coat off of them. (Looking pretty good...)
I put them on a scale without tires:
Without centre cap: 17.6 pounds
With centre cap: 18.2 pounds
The scale is pretty accurate I believe.
I thought you might want to add it to your database. Cheers.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts

Just an FYI, the Zanvoort rims also come in 14x6 too. I just picked up a set at the junkyard I was gonna paint up...but have now officially given up on (they need a GOOD sanding and paint badly)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Re: OEM wheel database... 98 wheels and growing!!!! (penclnck)

I just sent you an Email to the address listed on your website with a whole whack more VW rims for you. I think you will be able to add 7 more rims and get the name for the ? rim listed on the a3 section. So you should be able to smash through 100 rims.
Let me know if you do not receive the email.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: OEM wheel database... 101 freaking wheels! (penclnck)

101 OEM wheels now listed!!! Don't know what this means to the world... but I've got bragging rights on having 101 wheels on my website!
If you find the OEM Wheel Database the least bit useful, please send me a post card. I've got a collection of 1 post card for my years of hard work... I've got a lot of empty space on my fridge, please help me fill it up.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Sweet.
A quick suggestion - Some of your photos are taken looking at the wheel from the left side of its axis, others from the right. You could use image software (photoshop, GIMP, etc) to horizontally flip photos so that they all appeared to be taken from the same side.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.