VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a weird issue with my 2009 VW Jetta. I bought a used set of BBS CV wheels that I use for autocross. I've changed them back and forth with my oem wheels a few times now. But today, I was putting my OEM wheels back on and I got 3 on and the 4th I can't seem to get. I've tried multiple times and the wheel just won't seat on the hub. It's got me pretty confused.

One strange thing I found though is the metal ring that sits inside the 'socket' in my BBS wheels came off this particular wheel and was around the hub after I took the wheel off. The wheel was also more difficult to take off. I'm going back out to play with it some more and compare to the other rear hub. If I still don't figure it out, then I'll post pictures up.

I'm stumped at the moment as to why this would happen. I know metal expands when heated and I'm sure the hubs were quite hot at the solo events I've been to since I've changed wheels, but why would my aftermarket wheels fit now and not the OEMs? :mad:

Anyone ever have something like this happen? I don't see any other postings about it.

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Did you take the metal hub ring off before putting the OEM wheels on? You may just have to hit the hubs with some sand paper and then anti seize.
Yea. A bit of sandpaper and I would think you should be cherry.

·
Vendor
11,790 Posts
Yea. A bit of sandpaper and I would think you should be cherry.
As others have mentioned, make sure there are no hubrings on any of the hubs and perhaps do a light sand both to the hubs & the wheels to get rid of any dirt/rust/buildup that may be there. The wheels should fit tightly on, you need not worry about the metal expansion.

Good luck, let us know how it goes!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts