VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
17,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In regards to this Oettinger front lip:

(credit to audiworld's body kit thread for the pic)
Is this still availabe anywhere? It's not on oettinger's page at all. Can't seem to find it or a knockoff on any of the common sites, via the seach (yes, clowns, I live by my own words.. use the search), or on google.
Anybody have any input?

Some places to purchase the lip:
http://www.gmpperformance.com/...54588
http://www.ecodetuning.com/sho...=1165
http://www.ndimports.com/catal...yling

Modified by robbyb413 at 3:56 PM 7/31/2007

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Re: Oettinger front lip (robbyb413)

no, but i will be happy to keep a look out for you, and actually, i think a guy around here had that on his car, before he went to the RS4 kit, i'll see if i can get in touch with him somehow. he should be at this gtg on the 30th.

·
17,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Oettinger front lip (hoveraudi)

Quote, originally posted by hoveraudi »
no, but i will be happy to keep a look out for you, and actually, i think a guy around here had that on his car, before he went to the RS4 kit, i'll see if i can get in touch with him somehow. he should be at this gtg on the 30th.

That'd be cool if you could check with him. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
17,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Oettinger front lip (pagermancarlover)

Quote, originally posted by pagermancarlover »
I'd hit it..heres a link to a place to sells it..im sure they could hook you up

Wow that place screams "wicked expensive". I sent 'em an email.

Modified by robbyb413 at 9:52 AM 7/13/2005

·
Registered
19,732 Posts

Quote, originally posted by robbyb413 »

Wow that place screams "wicked expensive". I sent 'em an email.

Modified by robbyb413 at 9:52 AM 7/13/2005

Yeah, i'd guess a place that deals Techart and Novitec Rosso would be kinda pricey..

·
Registered
6,734 Posts

That'd be cool if you could check with him. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

no problem senor.

·
17,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Excellent.
AND... a little late night rant:
I see a lot of pictures of b5 a4s with side skirts put on over the stock skirts. Does anyone else besides take pause everytime you see that to thing "gee, whoever did that must have ridden the short bus to design school, becuase that's about as aestehetically pleasing as a girl with a rediculous cellulite problem?". I've seen ghetto civic owners create a more attractive presentation using home-depot garden edge. Seriously.
If you don't think the same way, then you should have your head examined.
And if you did that to your a4, well, let's not go there. Let's just say you have a lot to learn, and maybe a car that Mugen and Buddy Club makes parts for would better suit you.
Leave the audis to the guys with a clue.
Ooooo kay then. End of rant. Seacrest out.

Modified by robbyb413 at 2:54 AM 7/14/2005

·
Registered
19,732 Posts

Excellent.
AND... a little late night rant:
I see a lot of pictures of b5 a4s with side skirts put on over the stock skirts. Does anyone else besides take pause everytime you see that to thing "gee, whoever did that must have ridden the short bus to design school, becuase that's about as aestehetically pleasing as a girl with a rediculous cellulite problem?". I've seen ghetto civic owners create a more attractive presentation using home-depot garden edge. Seriously.
If you don't think the same way, then you should have your head examined.
And if you did that to your a4, well, let's not go there. Let's just say you have a lot to learn, and maybe a car that Mugen and Buddy Club makes parts for would better suit you.
Leave the audis to the guys with a clue.
Ooooo kay then. End of rant. Seacrest out.

Modified by robbyb413 at 2:54 AM 7/14/2005

how bout it..like this

why would you not take that black off?..i mean the whole point of a side skirt is to get rid of the ugly black moldings..i think someone just slapped that on and called it a day..

·
17,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Oettinger front lip (pagermancarlover)

Thats exactly what I was on about. I hate that! It looks sooooo stupid. I've seen a car driving around like that, and a ton of the places that sell kits have shots like that.
I don't get it!!!

·
Registered
2,695 Posts

It doesn't even "flow" with the rear valence. I agree, somebody needs to police that kind of ****. I'm going to start a reality TV show about issues like that. It will be called:
Queer Eye for the Bodykit Guy
I will go around from city to city and find aesthetically hideous cars with body kits and re-work them into clean, flowifull (if thats even a word) pieces of driving beauty.
I'm calling FOX...... its a done deal.
TC

·
17,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Oettinger front lip (Convallo)

You can start with people who put excessively large front bumpers that look like they hit a tree on ther vehicle. Heh heh.

·
17,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

For the record, I got an email back on the lip. They're asking about $600 plus shipping.
Sucha shame. It's a nice lip, but it's not worth that much for somethign thats gonna last me 2 years if I'm lucky in Boston. I dont get why nobody has a knockoff. It looks hot on the car on PES's page.

·
Registered
6,734 Posts

I dont get why nobody has a knockoff.

there's an idea, i didn't even think about knockoffs, i'll look around and see if i can find one, but i think the only k-o that i have seen for our cars is of the rs4

·
17,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Bump because a lot of Oettinger questions are coming up, and this answers them all. Please use the search!
If the regualrs could please request from the mods (I specifically mentioned it to Peter) that we get it into the FAQ it would go a long way towards helping people with questions on it and getting all the info centralized.

Modified by robbyb413 at 12:35 PM 10-18-2005

·
Registered
9,327 Posts

(I specifically mentioned it to Peter)

Added.

·
Registered
376 Posts

Thats actually the nicest front lip for the b5 IMO. It flows perfectly with the front bumpers lines. Somebody should make a decent replica of it cause asking $600 is

·
17,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: :)Stever-Strike:)

anytime i paint emblems, I sand the hell out of them (really gotta have at it or else it fish-eyes) then use matte black paint, so its like a flat finish with that soft semi-gloss look. That would give you the look that set of rings has. They make a spray paint for pastic to that supposedly bonds better than normal spray paint too.
If you want your black shiny you could also use a gloss paint or hit it with some clear coat.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts