VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Re: Off Roading in a Jeep Liberty CRD (asiana)

personally, I hate going through mud like that, PITA to clean up afterwards. Now rocks are a different story.
Picture from Camp Jeep this year

I have video going over that rock, but not in my possession.

Modified by Eric16v at 10:05 PM 8-28-2006

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Re: Off Roading in a Jeep Liberty CRD (Eric16v)

I loved driving through mud, water, anything in my Dad's old Wrangler.. that was a cool video. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
871 Posts

What about those touchless pressure wash car washes? They usually include an undercarriage spray that I think would do the job well..
Cool little video, shame we didn't see a little doooor-ifto action in the dirt
Maybe thats just my subie talking.

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Re: Off Roading in a Jeep Liberty CRD (JeremyAlexander)

Quote, originally posted by JeremyAlexander »
What about those touchless pressure wash car washes? They usually include an undercarriage spray that I think would do the job well..

That will get some of it, but it doesn't get your brakes, u-joints or anything that the skid plates hide. I have been in water up to my headlights (when at 6.5" of lift) and never stopped moving and had to change the fluid in my diffs because water got in.
That is not to say that my jeep has never been muddy

·
Premium Member
Vermonter ~ '20 Si Sedan – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
36,785 Posts
Re: Off Roading in a Jeep Liberty CRD (JeremyAlexander)

Quote, originally posted by JeremyAlexander »

Every 4x4 has somany nooks and crannies that no touchless watch could even hope to get it all.
The biggest Land Crusier board is IH8MUD.com for a reason.
All those litle nooks that trap and hold moisture are also the first places to RUST on older trucks.

·
Registered
15,672 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Eric16v »

That will get some of it, but it doesn't get your brakes, u-joints or anything that the skid plates hide. I have been in water up to my headlights (when at 6.5" of lift) and never stopped moving and had to change the fluid in my diffs because water got in.

I have a couple friends who do the rock-crawling and campjeep whenever possible, one has the vents for both diffs run with rubber hose way up high(I think the rear goes into the taillight(pretty high on a lifted k5) and the front to somewhere around the cowl, but protected from splashes over the hood...said he hasn't had a problem since he did this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts