VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

· Banned
12,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other weekend I was at an autocross, warming my car up in pregrid. A guy stuck his head in my sunroof and said, "do you have an exhaust leak or does your car always sound like this?" I'm sure it was a totally innocent remark, but man...
Another one was when my Uncle and I parked his Cobra (replica) in a parking lot and some guy says from across the lot, "hey, is that real!?" My Uncle said no. The guy then says, "Oh, because if it was a real one I would come over and look at it."

· Registered
38,184 Posts
Re: Offensive comments you've recieved about your car. (vduBen)

I used to get offended when people said they liked my Jetta -- I have a Passat.
(People out of the loop must be blind -- I never confuse the Jetta with the Passat)

· Registered
2,875 Posts

there is another jackass 240 owner in my scca region (bescides me!
). he's seriously the most offensive guy i've ever met, everyone who meets him wants to **** punch him in the first 5 minutes they talk to him.
his car happens to be gray, as a hackjob homebrew FMIC, SR swap, mediocre racing seat, along with all the intake/exhaust work.
he heard that i'm still a sohc KA24E, and asked me for a ride. so i gave him one during one of my first runs of the day. at the beginning he's like, "OMG! WHERE IS THE BALL BEARING TURBO! THIS CAR IS SO SLOW!"
getting out of the car he said, "yeah... maybe one day you'll be able to get a setup like mine and you can compete"
yeah, turns out i ended up kicking his ass by about a second. i've seriously never been so satified in my life.

· Registered
42,970 Posts

I can't imagine someone having the stones to say what that second guy said. "Oh, you only spent years building that with your own hands? Forget that!"
Someone that worked for my apartment complex thought my 200SX was an abandoned car...

· Registered
4,178 Posts
Re: Offensive comments you've recieved about your car. (AKADriver)

Quote, originally posted by AKADriver »
Someone that worked for my apartment complex thought my 200SX was an abandoned car...

lol, thats funny as hell.

· Registered
2,875 Posts
Re: Offensive comments you've recieved about your car. (vw_ev73)

Quote »
I can't imagine someone having the stones to say what that second guy said.

yeah... it was the same guy though. same day, right after i had just taken him for what ended up being a warmup lap around the course.
ironic thing is i came really close to buying the chasis that the guy built his car on. a year or so before i bought the 240 i've got now i was looking at the same gray fastback, i had the cash and was willing to tow it away (previous kid decided oil wasn't really necissary) and take it off the owners hands... last second he backed out and i never saw the car again. and next time i saw it was at a local event.

that piece of crap could have been mine, insted of this piece of crap:

[/end thread hijack]

· Registered
2021 CX-9, 2017 GTI
1,657 Posts
Re: Offensive comments you've recieved about your car. (BL4CK-VR6)

i get "why would you spend money on a Volkswagen" often
and "nice girls car" man that makes me mad

Modified by DrewDub2.0 at 6:10 AM 7-14-2003

· Registered
42,970 Posts
Re: Offensive comments you've recieved about your car. (nmap)

Quote, originally posted by nmap »
yeah... it was the same guy though. same day, right after i had just taken him for what ended up being a warmup lap around the course.

I was replying to the original poster, the guy that said he didn't want to look at a mere kit car. But yeah

· Registered
9,949 Posts

"at least i don't drive a beat-up scirocco" - ignorant mkiv owner after i called his 2l mkiv jetta gl heavy and underpowered

for the record my car is not beaten up (see sig)

· Registered
610 Posts

Back when I first got my car my aircondition went and I didn't know of any VW mechanics so I took it to my mom's ******* muscle car mechanic. This was the week before waterfest and I said to my mom that I needed the car back asap. So when we got there my mom said to the guy, we need the car back by the weekend because he's going to a car show. And the f*ckin hick goes, "A car show for volkswagens...
" I wanted to spit in his face and curse him out auf Deutsch. Then he said the car would be ready by the next day. And I called the evening of the next day and he hadn't even looked at it. So it wasn't ready until two days after that. I was so pissed. Luckily next time my car broke beyond my own repairing ability my neighbor, who's got a toyota told me about his guy who's specializes in German cars, I've been going to him ever since.

· Banned
3,800 Posts
Re: Offensive comments you've recieved about your car. (G601990)

driving the mini "haha your cars little whats that mean"
my response " means my d*ck is huge"
Driving the vw pickup "that thing is pointless and not rwd to boot"
my response "laughing at the s4 driver who said this as he tanked a guard rail trying to stick with me on an onramp"

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.