VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was offered a 12k sponsorship with up to 55% of my payments taken care of.....Should i take it? Would you? http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Re: Offered a sponsorship, should i accept? (Gr8mafy)

yea it's a good deal what you get, but what do you have to offer for the sponsership?

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
show and race, and i have to make it to atleast 4 events within a year of the signing date. they ask for a small charity and ask if i want to scout for other potential people as well

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Re: Offered a sponsorship, should i accept? (Grogthefrog)

Quote, originally posted by Grogthefrog »
yea it's a good deal what you get, but what do you have to offer for the sponsership?
word, you prolly get all that stuff and then gice up the rights to your car and never get to drive it....

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Re: (Gr8mafy)

Quote, originally posted by Gr8mafy »
show and race, and i have to make it to atleast 4 events within a year of the signing date. they ask for a small charity and ask if i want to scout for other potential people as well

ask for a small charity??
4 events shouldn't be too hard. But what about after the 1st year?

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Re: Offered a sponsorship, should i accept? (imola_monster)

IF you wanna have to slap silly huge stickers all over your car and be a test bunny for new equipment go for it.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Re: Offered a sponsorship, should i accept? (Gr8mafy)

ya actually got offered a sponsorship
I wonder what make them notice you?
what do you drive? were you with your car at some show?
etc.

·
Registered
11,371 Posts
Re: Offered a sponsorship, should i accept? (Vin_ZNT)

Something sounds fishy.... who is sponsoring you and what are the DETAILS of the sponsorship?

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok sponsor is RacerX Motorsports. I drive a 337, the only sticker i have to put on is the racerx one and it is no bigger than 8 inches max. I have to go throgh them for all parts unless they dont have them and then we agree on a place or I offer a place to get the part from. As far as the charity goes it is a small donation they ask for, i cant remember what for off the top of my head. I will be able to drive my car, and in no way did they mention it was going to be a test dummy for anything. Any more questions? Right now I am getting the feeling that some of you would take it.

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
What happens if your car is totaled at some point?
What kind of "racing" obligations must you make, and what happens if the car is damaged while racing?
What happens if your car were to be stolen?
Do you have any obligations that may keep you from participating in the 4 events you must attend?
If you fail to hold up your end of the deal, what sort of ramifications can you expect?

·
Registered
11,371 Posts
Re: (euclid)

I have NEVER heard of a sponsorship that pays for your car payment...

·
Registered
8,794 Posts
Re: (zerind)

Quote, originally posted by zerind »
I have NEVER heard of a sponsorship that pays for your car payment...

if they paid, id be trying to get a sponsorship from everywhere from DTM Autohaus to Krispy Kreme.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Re: (SHUMopper)

Is your car all stock? and if it is why would they sponser a stock car, do they think you did the work yourself?
i know alot of people are like no way your car is stock and they think i spend mucho money modding it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts