VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1661 - 1680 of 1706 Posts

·
Registered
8,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,661
Last night = :facepalm:

What was Kinsler thinking when he threw home rather than getting the sure out at first? Would have been the second out but situations change when you are facing a batter with 2 outs rather than 1.

On the bright side, Castellanos removes the batting gloves and gets 2 hits, 2 RBI and a walk. I bet he is going to go with bare hands for awhile.
I fell asleep after the grand slam

·
Registered
7.4, 5.7. 2.0T
18,399 Posts

·
Registered
7.4, 5.7. 2.0T
18,399 Posts
According to Detroit News, several Tigers are on their way back including VMart, Verlander, Avila and Rondon. In addition to Rajai Davis coming back from paternity leave. Hopefully, they can provide a boost.

Detnews.com said:
Detroit – Slowly but surely, as manager Brad Ausmus said before the game Thursday, the Tigers are mending.

Designated hitter Victor Martinez, who has been away from the team since May 13, was scheduled to take live batting practice in Lakeland Thursday and, if there were no setbacks, Friday. He is expected to be back in Detroit when the team returns to Comerica Park Tuesday.

"Victor's physical therapist said he's been running extremely well, as well as he's seen him run," Ausmus said. "Based on Victor's feedback, he says Victor feels as good as he has moving and running."

Martinez's surgically-repaired left knee weakened and he was placed on the DL May 19.

He just started doing baseball activities last week and until Thursday was hitting off a tee.

The Tigers could activate reliever Bruce Rondon, who's been out all season with biceps tendinitis, before the game in Chicago Friday.

Catcher Alex Avila, out with a left knee injury since May 8, will accompany the Tigers to Chicago. Ausmus said Avila could take batting practice this weekend.

Pitcher Justin Verlander, out all season with a triceps strain, will make what is expected to be his final rehab start in Toledo Saturday. If all goes well, he could be back in the rotation next week.

"I am a little more at ease with his health," said Ausmus, who expects Verlander to throw 85 to 90 pitches Saturday. "I feel like his health has moved in the right direction. Now it's about refining his pitching and getting the ups and downs in from multiple innings."

The Tigers will also get outfielder Rajai Davis back off paternity leave Friday.

·
Registered
8,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,673
Look how bad the Tigers have played lately and they are only 4 games out of first place.

Have you guys seen how the Royals fans have stuffed the ballot box for all of their players?
I havent heard anything about it

How about that catch from Rajai last night :eek:

·
Registered
7.4, 5.7. 2.0T
18,399 Posts

·
Registered
7.4, 5.7. 2.0T
18,399 Posts
What should they do with Shane Greene?

This is the same guy that allowed one run in the first 23 innings this season and was 3-0. Since then he is 1-6 with an 8.60 ERA. He has given up 45 runs (43 earned) in his last 45 innings, and has a 1.73 WHIP. Last night's loss to the Chicago Cubs was the sixth time Greene has failed to pitch at least five innings this season, and the third time he has been unable to get through four frames. After averaging 7 2/3 innings per start in his first three outings, he is now averaging just 4 1/2 innings per start. He is putting extra stress on a bullpen.

Personally, I think he should visit Toledo to work on things when JV gets his first start. I don't know if sending him to the minors is a for-sure fix but it did work for Max Scherzer in 2010. He had a 7.29 ERA through his first 8 games before they sent him down for a tune up. He came back and posted 14 SO in the first game. From the time he came back thru the end of the 2010 season, his ERA was 2.46.

·
Registered
7.4, 5.7. 2.0T
18,399 Posts
Miggy damn near hit one to Auburn Hills last night :eek:
That was a blast! The last one he hit of Salazar was quite memorable as well.

How about that double-play started by Jose Iglesias last night? Him and Kinsler and an awesome duo.

JV had a good first start. I hope he builds on it.

PS: We really got the better of the Porcello trade.

Porcello is 4-6 with a 5.26 ERA this season

Yoenis Céspedes is hitting .301 with 9 HR, 33 RBI and stellar defense in LF.

Alex Wilson has been the biggest surprise out the bullpen this season. His ERA is 18.6 with a 0.724 WHIP. The key is he doesn't walk very many batters. He was a starter in the minors for awhile. I wonder if there is any chance they stretch him out next season?

1661 - 1680 of 1706 Posts