VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Mclaren may have the pole and good race speed, but with these long straights I think the Mercedes team will have also a good race and a possible podium. Redbull needs a good qualifing also... Lets see....

The big question is who will Massa crash this race? :laugh:

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I think McLaren back on top as well as Mercedes GP with the long straights. Red Bull...I mean Vettel will be 2nd or 3rd in quali. Australia was a bit of a cluster [email protected]#, it will be nice to see the cars on a real race track and see the real pace.

Oh, and Massa will be aiming for Hamilton if he can get into Q3 and that is a BIG "if".

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Yeah, from what i've read, looks like the McLaren should perform best on high speed corners. Pretty sure it will be a front row lock out with Lewis pole again? If so, i'm sure Jens will put some serious pressure on him all race, perhaps pushing him to drive his tires off.

RB right behind them with a good car in fast corners, yet losing out to Macca on the looong straights.

I'm sure Renault will surprise here and Mercedes should have a high speed advantage.

Surely, Alonso will do something with the Ferrari that nobody expects and leave Massa in the dust.

Jens for win #2 with a Mercedes or Renault podium.

·
Registered
19,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
12,792 Posts
I think Vettel and RBR will pull it out here, and on the other proper circuits. Australia is a bit of an anomaly relative to most circuits.

If it rains, I give Schumacher some pretty good odds of taking at least 2nd place.

Raikkonen to the top-5 if he can get to Q3.

Hamilton will crash out.

·
Registered
19,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think Vettel and RBR will pull it out here, and on the other proper circuits. Australia is a bit of an anomaly relative to most circuits.

If it rains, I give Schumacher some pretty good odds of taking at least 2nd place.

Raikkonen to the top-5 if he can get to Q3.

Hamilton will crash out.
Schumi has no podiums since his return correct? Would love to him back up there finally.

·
Registered
12,792 Posts
Did i read correctly that McLaren has not had pole in Malaysia in the last 13 years???

How long has F1 been racing there??
1999 was the first.

Per Wiki:
This was the first Malaysian Grand Prix since the 1995 Malaysian Grand Prix, a Formula Holden event. This was the first time the Grand Prix of Malaysia was a Formula 1 event.

Michael Schumacher returned to Formula One having recovered from his broken leg, and replaced Mika Salo at Ferrari. The German took pole position by nearly a second, and on lap four of the race slowed and allowed his team mate Eddie Irvine to pass him. Later on, after all pit stops had been completed, Schumacher allowed Irvine to pass again, which meant that Irvine went on to win the race.[SUP][1][/SUP] Immediately after the race the two Ferraris were disqualified due to an infringement on their bargeboards. This meant that Mika Häkkinen was effectively handed the championship by default, and Johnny Herbert nearly scored back-to-back wins. However, Ferrari appealed against the FIA's decision in court and both drivers were subsequently reinstated.[SUP][2][/SUP]

·
Registered
847 Posts
Looks like the Italian press is having a field day regarding Massa. They're calling for his immediate ouster. Ouch. And the name on top of the list is Jarno Trulli. :laugh: :sly:
Trulli trains......... Well he was teamate of Alonso at Renault.....;) However, Planetf1 is mentioning Perez.............:thumbup: Viva Mexico Cabrones!

1 - 20 of 196 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.