VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
19,612 Posts
Let's see if Ferrari can get their cars healthy for this race, Rosberg seems to have woken up this season, Grosjean and the Haas team are on a roll, the rookies are impressive so far.

Can't wait for the race this weekend.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Let's see if Ferrari can get their cars healthy for this race, Rosberg seems to have woken up this season, Grosjean and the Haas team are on a roll, the rookies are impressive so far.

Can't wait for the race this weekend.
^^ This. Although it's a red eye alright. I might try to catch a replay later on in the morning.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Any word about Alonso?

Will the clutch issues get resolution ??? :p
Its looking good for ALO. Looks like he's racing. :)

If Lewis doesn't do a bit better on his starts, he could easily be tenth by turn 1. It does dice up the show a bit, so i'm ok with it. He'll have his work cut out for himself....

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Anyone notice ho Haas has dropped off so much? RoGro was mentioning something about Pirelli's requirement to run high pressures was making the car extremely difficult to drive. Curious as to why they would be suffering the most from this.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
1 6 Nico Rosberg Mercedes AMG Mercedes P 1:35.402
2 3 Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull TAG Heuer P 1:35.917
3 7 Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari Ferrari P 1:35.972
4 5 Sebastian Vettel Ferrari Ferrari P 1:36.246
5 77 Valtteri Bottas Williams Mercedes P 1:36.296
6 26 Daniil Kvyat Red Bull TAG Heuer P 1:36.399
7 11 Sergio Pérez Force India Mercedes P 1:36.865
8 55 Carlos Sainz Jr. Toro Rosso Ferrari P 1:36.881
9 33 Max Verstappen Toro Rosso Ferrari P 1:37.194
10 19 Felipe Massa Williams Mercedes P 1:37.347
11 14 Fernando Alonso McLaren Honda P 1:38.826
12 22 Jenson Button McLaren Honda P 1:39.093
13 27 Nico Hülkenberg Force India Mercedes P -
14 8 Romain Grosjean * Haas F1 Team Ferrari P 1:39.830
15 9 Marcus Ericsson Sauber Ferrari P 1:40.742
16 12 Luiz Felipe Nasr Sauber Ferrari P 1:42.430
17 20 Kevin Magnussen Renault Renault P 1:38.673
18 21 Esteban Gutierrez Haas F1 Team Ferrari P 1:38.770
19 30 Jolyon Palmer Renault Renault P 1:39.528
20 88 Rio Haryanto Manor Racing Mercedes P 1:40.264
21 94 Pascal Wehrlein * Manor Racing Mercedes P -
22 44 Lewis Hamilton * Mercedes AMG Mercedes P

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Well, how about that for a mixed up starting lineup. Very impressed with RIC, but i'm sure it would be P5, had it not been for the Ferraris and HAM hiccups. Nevertheless, impressive. From what i've read, it should be another cruise to victory for ROS, especially due to the tires that he has waiting for him compared to the others.

McLaren looks decent, eventhough there is a huge gap to Massa infront. I understand that due to the red flag they couldn't show their full potential. ALO thinks he should have reached Q3.......

Not sure how Haas is looking, but lets see how their tires last in the race and where they finish with their strategy. They seem to have hit it spot on so far.

Biggest question is how will HAM do tomorrow. Would be massive if he can reach the podium. HAM= Mark Webber 2016! (Can't help but think someone's got a hand in all his mishaps!)

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The bigger question is will I somehow NOT fall asleep on the couch watching.....Turn 1 ought to keep me up....lol

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Another excellent F1 race to watch. So glad the stewards slammed Hulkenberg for that pit lne crap that caused all the havoc. I was shocked the announcing team for NBCS didn't call it out for what it was.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Boy, that was a tough one to stay up for til the end. Not that the racing wasn't good, but man i'm getting too old to stay up that late. Lol

Rough day for Lewis. I know his tires were shot at the end, but man, that Merc is not made to run well in traffic.

I'm also wondering what is going through Kimi's mind after getting punted again by VET.

Easy day in the office for ROS. Even though he's won the last six races, i still don't think he will get the title. He is such a cheeseball to watch, especially when he got out of the car after the race. Just awkward, if you ask me. Constantly fixing his hair and stuff. Those weird jumps into the team....:facepalm:

Poor McLaren. Still sitting ducks. Turn that power up already! Those guys deserve to mix it up at the front!

Red Bull impressed themselves. Great pace and finishing positions, even though RIC race was compromised.
And finally, i like Kvyat's feistiness, especially when VET tried to lecture him post race about "dive bombing" into the inside.....:thumbup:

I rate the race 8-10

DOR Kvyat :bs:

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Kimi has some blame to share IMHO. He went in too hot and under steered badly. When the front came back in he tried to get back on his intended line but it was filled by other cars when they saw him wash out.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Kimi has some blame to share IMHO. He went in too hot and under steered badly. When the front came back in he tried to get back on his intended line but it was filled by other cars when they saw him wash out.
I have yet to read anything that makes that claim.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
I have yet to read anything that makes that claim.
Agreed. That was my take on it watching it. The only thing I'd heard was Vettel and sitting in the driver's seat and racing doesn't allow the ability to see everything. Bottom line to me, it was racing. It wasn't any one person's fault but a mix of things.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
I've watched the video a couple of times and still doesn't convince me it was Kyvat that started the chain reaction. He had a clean line, all he did was drive straight all through the right hand turn. All the commotion was happening between Seb and Kimi, that was pretty uncalled for blaming Kyvat for his (Seb's) stupid mistake. He shifted the blame to Kyvat because Ferrari chairman Sergio Marchionne was in the pits watching the race, he didn't look very happy.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts