VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
I'm not seeing where Seb "made a mistake" either really. The fact that the stewards did nothing seems to back the "it's just racing" opinion.

·
Registered
19,612 Posts
It was an amazing race, considering all of the crashes and incidents that happened, every car that started, finished the race.

I see the Vettel/Kyvat incident as just that, a race incident. Kyvat saw a sizable gap and went for it. Seb didn't close the door in time and when he decided to, Daniil was already there.

Seb's claim that Kyvat went in like a madman or that he was carrying too much speed to make that corner are ridiculous. Kyvat got him and started squeezing Seb out...it is textbook to what every other driver does when they pass.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Seb's claim that Kyvat went in like a madman or that he was carrying too much speed to make that corner are ridiculous. Kyvat got him and started squeezing Seb out...it is textbook to what every other driver does when they pass.
I wonder what his thoughts are after seeing the video. What you see from the driver's seat misses the whole picture.

·
Registered
19,612 Posts
Seb's or Kyvat?

There's a vid in TCL's F1 thread showing both Vettel's and Kyvat's pov.

Looking at this video it seems like Seb was just caught out, he didn't defend his position from Daniil ( the Red Bull was already ahead of the Ferrari before Seb contacted Kimi), and Seb didn't clear Kimi to lock him out either...

Vettel probably should have backed off, but given how quickly things occurred he might not have had the chance to before colliding with Kimi.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
I was wondering what Seb thinks after seeing the video. I suspect he wouldn't be on Kvyat after watching the video. If Kimi didn''t oversteer maybe none fo that happens too. Anyway, still see it as a racing incident.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Thanks for the video Giz, i had to watch that ten times. I would say two things: The RB handles like its on rails. VET went wide and thus opened the door.

I would actually say one more thing. VET very un-sportsman like for blaming Kvyat. Even Arriverderci thought so about his own driver.....

·
Registered
19,612 Posts
I would actually say one more thing. VET very un-sportsman like for blaming Kvyat. Even Arriverderci thought so about his own driver.....
Agreed, Seb saying that Kvyat was going too fast to make that turn? Really? This wasn't a hairpin or even a sharp turn, the first turn is a long sweeper that gradually tightens and eventually turns the other direction, and the collision happened before it started to tighten up.

Like you said, Seb left that door open and Kvyat ran through...

21 - 28 of 28 Posts