VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
201 - 220 of 260 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks for reply

SOOO... this friend of mine goes to car auctions(buys and sells). I saw that the car sold for 3,000$. He told me there was a slight problem that he can take car of he ended up asking a total of 4600$ total(109k miles 2006 3.6V6 fairly mint condition). I confronted him and asked him about the 'problem' and said it has to do with the oil pump bolt, he confirmed it was just that..
I have no problem with that being the problem aslong as it works and no major issues along the way.

Do you think its a good buy?
Honesty appreciated

EDIT: He asked 4600$ before I found out it sold for 3000$

·
Registered
52 Posts
so i got it last week

The car is a beauty :heart:.. and very powerful .. wasnt expecting that king of pull on that car.

The original engine was taken out and replaced by the same engine with 30K miles on it :thumbup:

the car drives like a dream ... i was very surprised with the outcome but it went really well ... just had to wait longer then i expected

·
Administrator
87,858 Posts
I looked in ETKA too and found only N-104-044-04. From prior research, the old part # was N-104-044-03.
I think this topic has been beaten to death but I'd like to reiterate what I just quoted above ^^^^^^

The *Good* bolt number is N-104-044-04, list price $2.04.

Just ordered my replacement bolt for an engine I'm putting in my car. No, I didn't have a failure...just picking up an engine and want piece of mind.

You'll also see guides and tensioners for the timing chains. :thumbup:
Notice the 10.9 stamped on bolt:

Sent from my mobile device.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Are there any procedures for this problem? A link maybe? Is there a way to check it without removing everything? Also my chain (I think) is making noise. I put a screw driver as stethoscope on the casing and it's definitely coming from there. The noise doesn't line up with the injector pulsing. What is the status on the chain tensioners! Are they known to fail on these engines or what could be making this noise?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah. Alright thanks for the info. But what about tensioners, what happens to them? Do they just get week or what? You have a list of what I should change while in there?

201 - 220 of 260 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.