VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
2841 - 2860 of 2878 Posts

·
Registered
16,630 Posts
^^^
The fender lines aren't even btw....so you really won't have 26" FTG, front & rear, for example (unless you want reverse rake)
It might be 26" in the front & 26.5" in the rear and have even wheel/fender gap

But, yes, you could remove the spring adjuster perch (in the rear) and then just use the OEM rubber spring pad instead if you wanted to get it lower in the back.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thanks for that as always. I’ll let it sit for a while. I know if I swap the perches for the stock pads I’m going to going to be annoyed with the difference in height from right to left lol. I’ll be down a rabbit hole of trying to stack things into the driver rear to raise it to match the left haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^
The fender lines aren't even btw....so you really won't have 26" FTG, front & rear, for example (unless you want reverse rake)
It might be 26" in the front & 26.5" in the rear and have even wheel/fender gap

But, yes, you could remove the spring adjuster perch (in the rear) and then just use the OEM rubber spring pad instead if you wanted to get it lower in the back.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Daily driver GT lowered

-Solowerks coils
-Rotiform BLQ 19x8.5
-tires 245/40/19

Man my rears won’t go that low (solo werks) . Not even near. What am I doing wrong damnit. Do you have the rear perches in?

RR all the way down : (18x8/et45- 235/45 )

·
Registered
37 Posts
Man my rears won’t go that low (solo werks) . Not even near. What am I doing wrong damnit. Do you have the rear perches in?

RR all the way down : (18x8/et45- 235/45 )

The rear is definitely tricky with the Solowerks. And its a known issue with the Passat and CC.

To your question, no perches are still in.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Loosened RR under load and jumped up and down in the trunk. No change. Bleh. At least I got it fairly equal and it’s still substantially lower than it was stock. Probably still settle a little too, only a few hundo miles since installed and have been adjusted constantly. Still crazy how one Passat(s) is totally slammed with these coilovers, and this is maxed out on the RR.

Almost and inch of threads left on the LF (and will probably raise a little more)
.5 inches left on RF
About 3 threads left on LR
And bottomed on RR

·
Registered
90 Posts
Holy crap solo werks customer service is insane. Like mentioned above it’s a known issue with cc/Passat usually closer to 2014 range….but and I have different rear springs coming my way! I’m impressed.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Holy crap solo werks customer service is insane. Like mentioned above it’s a known issue with cc/Passat usually closer to 2014 range….but and I have different springs coming my way! I’m impressed.

It is really good service! Happy to hear they gave you that option!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just got a 2012 Passat TDI a few weeks ago and coming from a long string of lifted trucks I'm a bit out of my element.

Was looking at just some H&R lowering springs but then came across @snobrdrdan post about using CC springs/MK5+MK6 struts.

Eibach Springs -- 85105.140
Koni STR.T struts & shocks (for the MK5/MK6) -- 8750-1005 & 8050-1006
Thicker rear spring pads (for the Audi TT) -- 8J0-512-149
The post is >6 years old, just looking for confirmation it'd all work since not a single thing specifically says it fits a Passat, lol.

Thanks!

·
Registered
16,630 Posts
Holy crap solo werks customer service is insane. Like mentioned above it’s a known issue with cc/Passat usually closer to 2014 range….but and I have different rear springs coming my way! I’m impressed.
My guess was that it was the springs....hopefully that fixes it for you (y)

·
Registered
16,630 Posts
Just got a 2012 Passat TDI a few weeks ago and coming from a long string of lifted trucks I'm a bit out of my element.

Was looking at just some H&R lowering springs but then came across @snobrdrdan post about using CC springs/MK5+MK6 struts.

The post is >6 years old, just looking for confirmation it'd all work since not a single thing specifically says it fits a Passat, lol.

Thanks!
Yup...still work & Eibach has the NMS Passat as an official application for those springs since then too (if you use a '14 Passat with the 1.8t on their site -- close enough, lol)

2841 - 2860 of 2878 Posts