I could've been a contender.
41,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please contact PanzerVW to add to the list

Thank you!

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
It's 2013 already boys and girls! Word on the street is there will be some NEW midwest shows this year as well as some changes in DATES!

Time to stop procrastinating on your winter build and start buckling down- show season will be here before we know it.

I will maintain this thread as I did last year's. Stay tuned for the list of shows, times, dates, etc. If you want your show added to this list, just shoot me a PM and I will get it posted as soon as I can.

Map of this year's midwest shows, courtesy of Scott from OEM Squared & Eurohangar http://goo.gl/maps/w3sA3

:beer::beer: Here's to an awesome 2013:beer::beer:

March 16, 2013 WATER BY THE BRIGE 11am-??? 107 Witherspoon St
Louisville, KY 40202
waterbythebridge.com www.facebook.com/waterbythebridge

April 14, 2013 PURDUE GRAND PRIX CAR SHOW 9:30am-4:00pm N Ross Ade Stadium Parking Lot 1000 Cherry Lane WWW.PURDUE.EDU/PAPA

June 1, 2013 VOLKSFEST 2013 9am-3pm Concours Motors 1400 W. Silver Spring Drive Milwaukee, WI 53209 mavwc.com

June 1-2, 2013 CHICAGO 1/2 MILE PRIVATE RUNWAY SHOOT OUT TBA Bult air field 28261 South Kedzie Ave
Monee, IL 60449
wannagofast.com/chicago

June 8-9, 2013 SCOOTERS GTG 3pm Saturday- 11am Sunday 1185 Tally Ho Trail Hubertus, WI scootersgtg.webs.com

June 29, 2013 EURO HANGAR 11am-5pm Park Township Airport 1269 Ottawa Beach Rd Holland, MI 49424 - eurohangar.net

July 13, 2013 BUGFEST Great Lakes Dragaway 18411 1st Street, Union Grove, Wisconsin 53182 - More Info To Come mofoco.com facebook.com/greatlakesdragaway

July 20, 2013 DUBS IN THE VALLEY Becket's - 2 Jackson St. Oshkosh, WI 54901 - More Info To Come dubsinthevalley.com

August 17, 2013 DUBS ALONG THE ROCKIES - Denver, CO More Info To Come https://www.facebook.com/events/580142778668402/?ref=22

September 7, 2013 MADFURTHER 10am -3PM Fleming Field, St. Paul, MN
http://madfurther.com/
Don't forget about the LBR Cruise to MadFurther Either, chaseTHErabbit http://www.longballrally.com/events.php

October 12, 2013 DUBS DOWNTOWN - Italian Community center, Milwaukee, WI 11AM-4PM
LSapproved.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bug-a-Palooza 10

Please ad the Harsh Winters Club Bug-a-Palooza 10 to your list. August 25,2013 at D'Arcy VW 2861 W Jefferson St Joliet, IL All VW's, air and water cooled are invited! $15.00 to enter your car the day of the show. Pre-register by August 11, 2013 for only $10.00 per car. When pre-registering, if you let us know your club affiliation we will guarantee club parking. Free for Spectators, great door prizes, raffles, and free things for the kids. Food provided by D'Arcy with donations going to support Gigi's Playhouse, and Downs syndrome awareness center in Aurora, IL.
See you there!
Jim Schield

·
Registered
7,144 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
"Big Meat 2013" Sunday August 25th - Busse Woods, Elk Grove Village IL

Not sure exactly how it all works, but sent Panzer a PM. Here's the info:

11am Sunday August 25th

Free, but for $10 for food and raffle ticket. Proceeds will go to a charity - I do not believe it's been selected yet.

FB event page:
https://www.facebook.com/events/151557508355256/

All cars are welcome and a dyno day for $75 is being set up the day before it sounds like, in Schaumburg. I hope to finally meet some of the Audi guys in the area.

Thanks,
John

www.facebook.com/chicagocarnetwork

·
Registered
15 Posts
Funfest for Air-Cooled & Water Cooled VW May 31st-June 2nd Effingham, IL!

Mid America Motorworks is celebrating the event’s 15th Anniversary with a Magical Mystery Funfest. In addition to the popular Celebrity Choice car judging, slalom races and Saturday night concert, which will welcome The Beatles tribute band, The Return to the stage, Funfest has also added an all new line up of seminars with a new location and will be exhibiting more suppliers and vendors than ever. For the latest updates and to register, visit Funfest for Air-Cooled VW. All participants registered by May 15, 2013 will receive preferred pricing on weekend admission and the Funfest t-shirt and a goody bag, while supplies last.

Visit www.funfestacvw.com for more information and to register now!

·
Registered
15 Posts
"Not So Low Speed Slalom" at Funfest for Air-Cooled VW (and Water-Cooled!)

Low Speed Slalom Back by Popular Demand, Brought to You by EMPI!

Don’t forget to test your “not-so-low”-speed Slalom skills! It is only $20 for 3 tries and is tons of fun! Don’t worry VW Buses, we have different classes, so you will not have to compete against Dune Buggies! There are even classes for Water-Cooled VWs to participate!

There are great prizes each day, and also a spot in the Winners Corral and a photo with Mike. The person with the best time for the entire weekend will win an EMPI Dual 34EP Carburetors Kit or a gift card to Mid America Motorworks for equal value!

For more information on the event and to register, visit www.funfestacvw.com

·
Registered
15 Posts
Preferred Pricing Ends Tomorrow! Funfest for Air-Cooled VW May 31-June 2, Effingham, IL!

Registration Prices Go Up After Friday, May 24th!

Make sure to register for the 15th Annual Funfest for Air-Cooled VW by this Friday May 24th to receive the preferred registration rate. With the addition of the Water-Cooled Show Field, preferred prices have been extended through the end of this week. Registering early not only guarantees the better rate, but that you will receive your Funfest for Air-Cooled VW 2013 t-shirt and goodie bag. Standard Air-Cooled, Water-Cooled and Club registration is $15 per car. After May 24th, the price will go up to $25 per car and Club Registration closes.

www.funfestacvw.com to register now!

The Finalized Schedule is Here!

We don’t want you to miss out on any of the fun activities at the 15th Annual Funfest for Air-Cooled VW, so here is the schedule of events to help you plan your weekend! All activities and seminars are listed with date, time and location for your convenience. When you check in at Funfest Headquarters this year, you will receive a copy of the first edition of the Funfest for Air-Cooled VW tabloid, complete with a grounds map and copy of the schedule. We hope you have a great time over the Magical Mystery weekend!

Click Here to View the Funfest for Air-Cooled VW 2013 Schedule of Events http://funfestacvw.com/schedule2013.aspx

Don't forget the Funfest Extras!

Make the most of your Funfest for Air-Cooled VW weekend by registering ahead of time for fun extras! Signing up for the Slalom Races, Country Buffet, Swap Meet and Cars For Sale Corral now will save you time so you can enjoy the show as soon as you arrive.

Low Speed Slalom

Don’t forget to test your “not-so-low”-speed Slalom skills! It is only $20 for 3 tries and is tons of fun! Don’t worry VW Buses, we have different classes, so you will not have to compete against Dune Buggies! There are great prizes each day, and also a spot in the Winners Corral and a photo with Mike. The person with the best time for the entire weekend will win an EMPI Dual 34EP Carburetors Kit or a gift card to Mid America Motorworks for equal value!

Click here to register: http://funfestacvw.com/Registration.aspx

Saturday Night Country Buffet

For your convenience, each year we offer a delicious family-style Country Buffet for Saturday evening so that you don't even have to leave the grounds for dinner before the Saturday evening concert.

Register now to enjoy fried chicken, pulled pork BBQ and all the fixings! http://funfestacvw.com/Registration.aspx

Swap Meet

Everyone likes a Swap Meet and so do we! That's why we are including a Swap Meet at Funfest for Air-Cooled VW 2013! The purpose is to allow participants to set up and sell USED Toys, Literature, Parts and other related automotive items.

For Sale Car Corral

Buy, sell or do both! The Volkswagen Cars for Sale Car Corral is the perfect place to catch the eye of thousands of potential buyers! Looking for a new VW? Kick the tires and horse-trade for your next Beetle, Bus, Thing or Dune Buggy face-to-face!

Changes to our Parking Policy

In an effort to make parking fast and easy, ONLY registered attendees displaying their parking stickers will be able to enter Gate 4. All other vehicles will go to Gate 5 where on-site registration will take place. Be sure to display your parking sticker in the upper driver’s side windshield. Register early to get parked right away! Register early to get parked right away!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Hey guys. So me and my club are throwing a car show on august 4th in essexville , MI by bay city. This is the first show i've thrown up here since i'm not from michigan so i'm really hoping for a great turnout. there will be 7 classes with top 3 in each class. new american muscle, old american muscle, tuner classes from american, jdm, and euro. plus a truck class for those who have trucks they show. dont want to leave anyone out! will have food, beer, soda, and anything you can get at a bar :) burgers, brats, hot dogs, etc on the grill all day. will also have multiple sponsors out. will have a body shop who has done all the custom work on my car, verizon wireless retailer doing giveaways, shirts for the event for registrees and for sale. pre registration is $15 until july 30th or $20 the day of the show. get a shirt and working on goody bags :) i know it may be a hike for some of you if you come but should be worth the day. show is from 12-430pm. If you would like to know more or register i do have a FB page for the event or email me/pm me!!! Thanks and hope to see some of you out! [email protected]

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.