VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, I went and test drove the '98 gti vr6 i was looking at and well, what can i say, i bought it on the spot. there were no sounds from the engine, no rattling, nothing. the engine was clean, the firewall was not discolored, the interior is mint. exterior... well i will get pics of it soon, but not ever a single ding. it is black on black with some aluminum parts(which are going back to black asap). going to order some coil-overs this week and a set of rims. i'm looking at bbs rk 2piece or moda r4's 17.5 all around. i shouldn't have a problem with rubbing right? that's my first concern is to get the handling down. looking at autotech sway bars too this week. next on the list is turbo or super. i have two real favorites for turbo, EIP turbo systems and ATP. but i was also really looking at the AMS supercharger. any ideas on these? or any other suggestions... i think EIP prices would be my max, stage 1 gives me about 330hp they claim. I really want like a minimum of 270hp, but nothing too much like 350 max. also looking into remus exhaust or borla... i love the sound honestly. then i will also be looking at a set of headers... so this is what i want to accomplish really by the end of the summer. i am also looking for a body kit... but nothing too much, something simple, somewhat resembling stock. all links appreciated thanks

Modified by autocrosser12345 at 3:44 PM 5-22-2004

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Re: official mk3 owner! (autocrosser12345)

you just bought the damn car, slow down. One thing at a time. 17x7.5 may rub, depending on how low you go. With coilovers, you should be fine. Sounds like you gonna go and drop about 10,000$ in a car that may only be worth $10k. More power to ya. Welcome to the tex

1 - 3 of 3 Posts